Author Topic: ‘F*cking Insanity’: Massive Congressional Spending Bill Says Border Patrol Can’t Spend Funds On Bord  (Read 203 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘F*cking Insanity’: Massive Congressional Spending Bill Says Border Patrol Can’t Spend Funds On Border Security

Jennie TaerDecember 20, 20221

https://dailycaller.com/
The massive congressional spending bill released Tuesday would bar Customs and Border Protection (CBP) funding from going toward border security as the agency sees record numbers of illegal immigrants.

The bill states that the $1,563,143,000 in funds allocated to CBP for “Operations and Support” can’t be used “to acquire, maintain, or extend border security technology and capabilities, except for technology and capabilities to improve Border Patrol processing.” The bill was introduced in the Senate Tuesday and needs to be passed in order to avert a government shutdown.

Former CBP Acting Commissioner Mark Morgan called the funding restriction “bleep insanity,” in a statement to the DCNF.

“They finally put down in black and white what we’ve been saying for two years- they don’t care about securing our borders or stopping their deadly open border policies. Just throwing money at the crisis to get better and more effective at processing and releasing illegal aliens,” Morgan said.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/12/fcking-insanity-massive-congressional-spending-bill-says-border-patrol-cant-spend-funds-on-border-security/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BellyAche

They are funding the means to process more migrants but not the capabilities to stop the migrants?! So they think processing them makes them all "legal" and they can come on in, in droves and create a juggernaut for communities?

9999hair out0000
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt