Author Topic: The Cold, Windy Voyage To Unreliable Green Energy  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Cold, Windy Voyage To Unreliable Green Energy
« on: December 21, 2022, 01:07:21 pm »
WRITTEN BY JAMES FREEMAN ON DEC 20, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The Cold, Windy Voyage To Unreliable Green Energy

offshore wind usThis column has been making the case that replacing efficient forms of reliable energy with politically favored intermittent power sources is not as easy as it looks.

Some jurisdictions seeking to replace fossil fuels and/or nuclear plants with wind power may not have adequately considered the costs and benefits. [emphasis, links added]

Perhaps no political class outside of California has been as hostile to cost/benefit analysis as the elected officials of Massachusetts.

Now Jon Chesto reports for the Boston Globe [bold added]:

“The state’s nascent offshore wind industry suffered a big setback on Friday when Avangrid told state regulators it wants to end its contracts with three major utilities to build a massive wind farm south of Martha’s Vineyard…

In September, chief executive Pedro Azagra said Avangrid would postpone construction of Commonwealth Wind, which could eventually provide enough power for up to 750,000 homes, by pushing its completion date out to 2028, and would need to rewrite the contracts because of a sharp increase in commodity costs. With Friday’s move, Avangrid has given up on those renegotiation efforts.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-cold-windy-voyage-to-unreliable-green-energy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson