Author Topic: OFGEM Authorise Brown Outs  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
OFGEM Authorise Brown Outs
« on: December 21, 2022, 12:58:47 pm »
OFGEM Authorise Brown Outs
DECEMBER 20, 2022
tags: Electricity
By Paul Homewood

In other words, brown outs!

Ofgem has approved the national rollout of a new energy system developed by the network operator, Electricity North West (ENW), which the regulator precited could save consumers in Britain up to £1 billion.

The flexibility system, called CLASS (Customer Load Active System Services), is a voltage control solution designed to help National Grid ESO manage Britain’s power network by balancing spikes in energy demand and dips in supply.

It includes the installation of voltage controllers at substations, which allow the network operator to offer balancing operations to the ESO by making small reductions to voltage.

According to ENW, this can be done through imperceptible reductions to the amount of power being used by “everything from streetlights to industry to everyday household devices.”

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson