Author Topic: ‘Murphy’s Law of Deployment:’ What Can Go Wrong, Will Go Wrong. But I Am Brave Enough.  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Murphy’s Law of Deployment:’ What Can Go Wrong, Will Go Wrong. But I Am Brave Enough.
DECEMBER 6, 2022| JESSICA D. MORSE

Before opening the door to my husband’s brand-new squadron, I took a deep breath to steady my nerves. I was 23 years old, and I didn’t know a soul there besides my new husband. Tonight was the first social event we attended, and I felt desperate to make friends. I opened the door and was greeted by men and women rushing by like green blurs in their flight suits. Everyone wore rigid faces, and the tension was thick as fog, making the hairs on my arm stand at attention. Every instinct in my body knew something was about to creep up behind me and scare me.

My husband found me standing in the lobby, looking wide-eyed. He explained there had been a “real world event,” and they were leaving tonight.

“Where are you going?” I heard myself ask.

“I can’t tell you,” he muttered.

“How long will you be gone?” I probed again.

“I don’t know,” he replied, glancing at the floor.

https://thewarhorse.org/military-spouse-shares-lessons-of-murphys-law-of-deployments/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson