Author Topic: Pro-life activist arrested for praying silently near an abortion facility  (Read 860 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 December 20, 2022 5:30pm EST
Pro-life activist arrested for praying silently near an abortion facility
A pro-life charity volunteer was arrested by police after she told them she 'might' have been praying near a closed abortion facility
By Kendall Tietz | Fox News

A charity volunteer was arrested after she told police she "might" be praying silently when they asked why she was standing on a public street near an abortion facility, according to a report from Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) UK. 

Isabel Vaughan-Spruce, the Director of the UK March for Life, was standing near the BPAS Robert Clinic in Kings Norton, Birmingham in an area ADF UK called a "censorship zone," when police approached her after an onlooker complained she might be praying outside the abortion facility the report said. Birmingham's authorities established a buffer zone around abortion clinics, which makes it illegal for an individual to engage in any act or attempted act of approval or disapproval as it relates to abortion and includes "verbal or written means" like "prayer or counseling."

"It’s abhorrently wrong that I was searched, arrested, interrogated by police and charged simply for praying in the privacy of my own mind," Vaughan-Spruce said following her arrest. "I was exercising my freedom of thought, my freedom of religion, inside the privacy of my own mind. Nobody should be criminalised for thinking and for praying, in a public space in the UK."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pro-life-activist-arrested-praying-silently-near-abortion-facility
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Pro-life activist arrested for praying silently near an abortion facility
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 11:13:19 pm »
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:10
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 12:39:30 pm »
THOUGHTCRIME!

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 12:46:07 pm »
It's the UK, where every silent thought is a hate crime.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 03:04:04 pm »
It's the UK, where every silent thought is a hate crime.

We shake our heads when we read stories like these, but we are the only country that has a First Amendment

Sure they have freedom of speech in places like Canada and Europe as long as your speech and thoughts are with the government allows
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 03:04:55 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 06:03:16 am »
@mystery-ak

WTH?????

Since WHEN has praying on a public street been illegal?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 06:06:07 am »

@LMAO

We shake our heads when we read stories like these, but we are the only country that has a First Amendment

Really?  I am surprised to hear this.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 12:33:37 pm »
Praying silently - verboten.

Thinking to herself, "Gee, I'd like to get into that elementary school across the street and molest some children" - okay.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org