Author Topic: Eric Adams silent on NYC second migrant death by suicide in shelter system ahead of Title 42 expirat  (Read 204 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eric Adams silent on NYC second migrant death by suicide in shelter system ahead of Title 42 expiration
Adams admits flood of asylum seekers into New York City will impact ‘public safety’ among other services
Danielle WallaceBy Danielle Wallace | Fox News

A second migrant died by suicide in the New York City shelter system in recent days as the Big Apple braces for another resurgence of asylum seekers with the upcoming expiration of Title 42.

Mayor Eric Adams said the city expects at least 1,000 more migrants arriving per week with the expiration of the federal immigration policy, warning it might be forced to slash public services.

On Monday, the Democrat admitted such an influx of migrants could impact "public safety," in addition to already costing the city hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars in clothing, food, housing and education.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/eric-adams-silent-nyc-second-migrant-death-suicide-shelter-system-title-42-expiration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline berdie

I heard Adams bemoaning his  and his state's burden one day last week. I'm not at all surprised that he wouldn't mention this.

He sounded as pitiful as that New Orleans mayor after Katrina.

Mayor Adams, if your gonna talk the talk about being a "santcuary city" at least try to walk the walk.