Author Topic: Don’t Believe The Hype: An Early Analysis Of Global Disasters In 2022  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROGER PIELKE JR. ON DEC 19, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Don’t Believe The Hype: An Early Analysis Of Global Disasters In 2022

climate disasterIn September, United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres made the following claims upon the release of a report — titled ironically enough — United in Science:

Floods, droughts, heatwaves, extreme storms and wildfires are going from bad to worse, breaking records with ever alarming frequency. Heatwaves in Europe. Colossal floods in Pakistan. Prolonged and severe droughts in China, the Horn of Africa and the United States.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/dont-believe-the-hype-an-early-analysis-of-global-disasters-in-2022/

There is nothing natural about the new scale of these disasters. They are the price of humanity’s fossil fuel addiction. The number of weather, climate and water-related disasters has increased by a factor of five over the past 50 years.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson