Author Topic: Melbourne Felling Trees to Improve Access for “Green” Postal Deliveries  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Melbourne Felling Trees to Improve Access for “Green” Postal Deliveries
22 hours ago Eric Worrall 70 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t CTM; Australia, Victoria, Melbourne – another case of destroying trees to save nature?

Councils fell trees to make room for Australia Post’s new electric vehicles

By Cara Waters
December 18, 2022 — 1.52pm

Melbourne councils are chopping down trees and removing vegetation from footpaths to make way for Australia Post’s new environmentally friendly fleet of electric delivery vehicles, angering some residents who say they want more green spaces, not fewer.

Merri-bek, Darebin and Stonnington councils have removed tree branches along footpaths in response to Australia Post rolling out 500 electric trikes, replacing the old motorbikes, in Victoria in May.

An Australia Post spokesman said the 3125 electric trikes being driven nationally were helping the organisation achieve its goal of reducing emissions by 15 per cent by 2025, and improving postie safety by reducing motorcycle rounds.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/19/melbourne-felling-trees-to-improve-access-for-green-postal-deliveries/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson