Author Topic: How a pro-DeSantis group is planning to take down Donald Trump  (Read 2579 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
How a pro-DeSantis group is planning to take down Donald Trump
« on: December 19, 2022, 09:31:45 pm »
https://www.semafor.com/article/12/18/2022/how-a-pro-desantis-group-is-planning-to-take-down-donald-trump

A super PAC urging Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to run for president in 2024 is gearing up to take on Donald Trump in the new year by any means necessary.

“Ron to the Rescue,” founded by Republican strategist John Thomas, emerged just after the midterms with an ad declaring that “America needs Ron DeSantis” and pitching his success as Joe Biden’s failure to keep a good state down. But they’re also preparing to go on offense with ads and coordinated media campaigns if the cold war between Ron and Don turns into a hot one.

“We’re not afraid to take the gloves off,” Thomas told Semafor. “If the former president decides to get nasty with DeSantis, the governor has shown a level of discipline I admire and not responding to those kinds of things, but somebody needs to and so we will defend the governor and not be afraid to do it.”

He added that “it doesn't matter if it's Democrats unfairly attacking him, if it's Mike Pompeo or Mike Pence, it literally doesn't matter.”

Thomas isn’t a “Never Trumper,” he insisted, nor is he a blind DeSantis superfan. In fact, as recently as August he thought the Florida governor shouldn’t run for president after the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago and the party seemed to be rallying back to Trump’s side. The midterm results, which featured a strong performance by DeSantis and a series of losses among Trump-backed candidates, convinced him it was time to go all-in.

Excerpt.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Hoodat

Re: How a pro-DeSantis group is planning to take down Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 09:35:04 pm »
The only thing needed to take down Donald Trump is Donald Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 09:37:27 pm »

Accurate!   :amen:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 09:47:19 pm »

Couldn't have said it better.

DJT has resorted to comic charactures for enhanced status and self worth....  I'll pass

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 09:47:47 pm »

Spot on.  He is his own worstest enemy.   Just stand back and let the the boy dig his hole deeper.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 10:04:03 pm »

That is sad but true. And he has 2 years to complete his own debacle.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 10:35:18 pm »

But how much collateral damage will there be? Especially if he runs third party.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 10:43:26 pm »
But how much collateral damage will there be? Especially if he runs third party.

A Trump 3rd party run guarantees a dimocratic POTUS victory in '24.  But he doesn't care.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 10:45:47 pm »
Right now, I think Trump has more on his plate to worry about; Garland indicting him for the J6 insurrection.  He will ensure that he can't run. Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2022, 10:48:40 pm »
https://www.semafor.com/article/12/18/2022/how-a-pro-desantis-group-is-planning-to-take-down-donald-trump

A super PAC urging Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to run for president in 2024 is gearing up to take on Donald Trump in the new year by any means necessary.

“Ron to the Rescue,” founded by Republican strategist John Thomas, emerged just after the midterms with an ad declaring that “America needs Ron DeSantis” and pitching his success as Joe Biden’s failure to keep a good state down. But they’re also preparing to go on offense with ads and coordinated media campaigns if the cold war between Ron and Don turns into a hot one.

“We’re not afraid to take the gloves off,” Thomas told Semafor. “If the former president decides to get nasty with DeSantis, the governor has shown a level of discipline I admire and not responding to those kinds of things, but somebody needs to and so we will defend the governor and not be afraid to do it.”

He added that “it doesn't matter if it's Democrats unfairly attacking him, if it's Mike Pompeo or Mike Pence, it literally doesn't matter.”

Thomas isn’t a “Never Trumper,” he insisted, nor is he a blind DeSantis superfan. In fact, as recently as August he thought the Florida governor shouldn’t run for president after the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago and the party seemed to be rallying back to Trump’s side. The midterm results, which featured a strong performance by DeSantis and a series of losses among Trump-backed candidates, convinced him it was time to go all-in.

Excerpt.

???  Lots of people keep pushing Ron to run, and the rumor mill says he's running, but I think too many people are getting their hopes up.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 01:18:01 am »
A Trump 3rd party run guarantees a dimocratic POTUS victory in '24.  But he doesn't care.

Of course he doesn't.  The guy is always for Trump.  The country be damned.

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 10:53:39 am »
How about just letting the voters decide in the primary.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 12:24:30 pm »

Problem is that is NOT what Trump wants.  He wants a full coronation with no one else running against him.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2022, 08:56:09 pm »

Trump will not get past the primaries. Hope the RINO GOP sticks it to him as much as possible. Maybe then he will see the light if he is not the controlled opposition of the UNIPARTY. Nothing changes except the excuses until the Republican Party is GONE and eliminated. TRUMP can do THAT if he wants to but will not get elected to any office. He can be force forever if he starts a American Patriot PARTY as a opposition party to the RINO GOP and UNIPARTY. Would have 50 Million followers in 6 months. Will his EGO keep him from running again? NO and he will fail if he does. However he got behind people like Kari Lake with a new American Patriot PARTY and others like her he would go down as one of the best Patriots of all time. Problem is his EGO or he is in on the UNIPARTY plan and part of it. Supporting McCarthy has thrown a lot of red flags up to a lot of Patriots. :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2022, 09:25:24 pm »
Problem is that is NOT what Trump wants.  He wants a full coronation with no one else running against him.

Please, stop speaking for President Trump.  I can't think of anyone on this forum who has less of an understanding of the man than you.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 09:43:41 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2022, 09:26:25 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2022, 09:33:17 pm »
The basic problems here are that:

1: it's the circular firing squad, again...

2: Anyone who would prefer the RINOs to Trump can kiss my ass.

For all the problems I may have with Trump, it is the RINOs who have managed to field just enough defectors to pass most of the problems this country has, or fail to repeal the rest when the opportunity was there. Had they worked with Trump instead of slow-walking, sandbagging, and otherwise refusing to perform on their own campaign promises just to make Trump look bad we would not have half the crap we do.

Instead they sat on their collective ass and did squat.

If you want the RINOs to take it, you might as well go whole hog Democrat and get it over with.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2022, 01:19:01 am »
Please, stop speaking for President Trump.  I can't think of anyone on this forum who has less of an understanding of the man than you.

That's really funny.  Trump is out for Trump, and only Trump, and nobody else.

Period.

Did you get your NFT digital trading card?

Online Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2022, 01:25:42 am »
That's really funny.  Trump is out for Trump, and only Trump, and nobody else.

Period.

Don't engage her.  She is one of the last Trump leg humpers. We keep her around for entertainment value.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 01:28:56 am by Wingnut »

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2022, 01:28:32 am »
Don't engage her newbie.  She is one of the last Trump leg humpers. We keep her around for entertainment value.

Oh, I know her well from 2016, and she remembers me.  Times have changed.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2022, 01:30:26 am »
Oh, I know her well from 2016, and she remembers me.  Times have changed.

Yep,  Most of us have moved on. 

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2022, 01:57:25 am »
Don't engage her.  She is one of the last Trump leg humpers. We keep her around for entertainment value.

Aw, come on you coward..... engage me.  Don't be so afraid to show the world the depth of your knowledge and ability to think.   After all,  I deserve a little entertainment, too.   88devil

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2022, 01:59:08 am »
Oh, I know her well from 2016, and she remembers me. 

Well, you certainly think highly of yourself.   :whistle:

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2022, 02:05:28 am »
Trump will not get past the primaries. Hope the RINO GOP sticks it to him as much as possible. Maybe then he will see the light if he is not the controlled opposition of the UNIPARTY. Nothing changes except the excuses until the Republican Party is GONE and eliminated. TRUMP can do THAT if he wants to but will not get elected to any office. He can be force forever if he starts a American Patriot PARTY as a opposition party to the RINO GOP and UNIPARTY. Would have 50 Million followers in 6 months. Will his EGO keep him from running again? NO and he will fail if he does. However he got behind people like Kari Lake with a new American Patriot PARTY and others like her he would go down as one of the best Patriots of all time. Problem is his EGO or he is in on the UNIPARTY plan and part of it. Supporting McCarthy has thrown a lot of red flags up to a lot of Patriots. :patriot:

:yowsa:   Good to see you posting again by the way @Longiron

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2022, 02:11:44 am »
Aw, come on you coward..... engage me.  Don't be so afraid to show the world the depth of your knowledge and ability to think.   After all,  I deserve a little entertainment, too.   88devil

Are you on board with Trump's endorsements of Mitch McConnell, Ronna McDaniel, and Kevin McCarthy?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-