Author Topic: NYC Mayor Eric Adams warns that emergency migrant shelters will open in 'every community' in the Big  (Read 274 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Mayor Eric Adams warns that emergency migrant shelters will open in 'every community' in the Big Apple and that residents should expect to see them 'without warning' as shelter capacity nears 100%
New York City Mayor Eric Adams said Tuesday that residents will see emergency migrant shelters in every community across the city
Adams said the influx of migration was 'citywide crisis,' and warned shelters are near 100 percent capacity
Adams declared a state of emergency over the crisis, and has said the Big Apple needed $1 billion in federal funding to deal with the influx of people
The recent uptick is on account of Republican governors in states like Texas and Arizona busing in the groups
By JOSEPH MICHALITSIANOS FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 02:20 EST, 12 October 2022 | UPDATED: 08:36 EST, 12 October 2022

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11305599/NYC-Mayor-Eric-Adams-warns-emergency-migrant-shelters-open-community.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

NYC Mayor Eric Adams warns that emergency migrant shelters will open in 'every community' in the Big Apple and that residents should expect to see them 'without warning' as shelter capacity nears 100%

This is what you voted for.  Why has it taken you this long to respond?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's interesting how illegals being bussed from democrat strongholds is "compassionate," whereas if they are sent from Republican strongholds, it's racist. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BellyAche

NYC is already almost unlivable. The tax payers will pay for what will be 52,000 migrants in one year!! There are existing needs for lower income people legitimately in NYC. Folks are leaving the city. There will be less of a tax base. NYC will become ungovernable!!! And btw, Mayor Adams wants to re-do blocks of fifth avenue and several parks, including Central Park!! It's a real sh*t show.  9999hair out0000
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online mountaineer

In tomorrow's news: Mayor Eric Adams wonders why so many people are moving out of NYC to the "red" states.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org