Author Topic: Texas judge blocks Biden from ending 'Remain in Mexico' border policy  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Texas judge blocks Biden from ending 'Remain in Mexico' border policy
The Trump-era policy forces asylum seekers to wait in Mexico until they receive a court date.
Dec. 16, 2022
Updated: Dec. 16, 2022 2:29 p.m.

A Texas federal judge ruled that a controversial Trump-era border policy that keeps asylum seeking migrants waiting in Mexico while their applications are processed will remain in place, according to the Washington Post.

The Migrant Protection Protocols, otherwise known as the "Remain in Mexico" policy, requires migrants requesting legal asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border to wait in Mexico until they receive an appointment in a U.S. immigration court. Before Remain in Mexico was implemented in 2018, asylum seekers were usually permitted to live and work in the U.S. while waiting for their court date. Backlogs in U.S. immigration courts can cause the waiting period to last years.

https://c.newsnow.com/A/1158629303?-50393:37288:tt_central_top
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 05:46:30 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson