Author Topic: ‘Regret’: ICE Apologizes For ‘Miscalculation’ Of Illegal Immigrant Data After DCNF Exposes Major Err  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Regret’: ICE Apologizes For ‘Miscalculation’ Of Illegal Immigrant Data After DCNF Exposes Major Errors
Jennie TaerDecember 9, 20220

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) apologized Thursday for the “miscalculation” of public illegal immigrant data after the Daily Caller News Foundation exposed major errors in the agency’s statistics, according to a statement.

The DCNF reported Dec. 1 that ICE underreported the number of illegal immigrants released from custody that aren’t on electronic monitors by more than 18,000%. The agency disclosed to attendees of a private event on Dec. 1 that there are 49,459 illegal immigrants that aren’t surveilled with tracking technology as of Nov. 14, while its own website at the time showed there were 266 as of Nov. 19.

The DCNF also reported Tuesday that ICE misreported the number of illegal immigrants released with GPS tracking by nearly 600%. The agency told the attendees of the Dec. 1 event that 8,118 illegal immigrants are monitored using GPS trackers as of Nov. 14, but ICE’s website at the time stated that there are 56,805 illegal immigrants monitored using GPS as of Nov. 19.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/12/regret-ice-apologizes-for-miscalculation-of-illegal-immigrant-data-after-dcnf-exposes-major-errors/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson