Author Topic: DHS Plan for Expected Border Surge: Pre-Legalize Migrants Before They Get to the Border  (Read 321 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS Plan for Expected Border Surge: Pre-Legalize Migrants Before They Get to the Border
CIS revealed the fast-expanding, legally questionable program in November

By Todd Bensman on December 15, 2022

AUSTIN, Texas — Maybe to help America more easily absorb the shock of the arrival of as many as 18,000 illegal border-crossers a day expected when Title 42 is lifted December 21, Biden's Department of Homeland Security has issued a public memo describing its unprecedented preparations.

Buried deep within DHS’s “Update on Southwest Border Security and Preparedness Ahead of Court-Ordered Lifting of Title 42” is a “6-pillar” plan that includes expansion of a highly unusual and legally questionable operation wherein Mexican authorities hand off immigrants directly to U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at ports of entry all along the southern border. These migrants are already tentatively approved while inside Mexico and set up for quick U.S. work authorization after they are hand-delivered to CBP inside port buildings and admitted into the nation. (My colleague Andrew Arthur has addressed a different aspect of the memo.)

There is no name for this port hand-off operation, which a November Center for Immigration Studies report revealed at length in Mexicali, Mexico, and no major American media outlet has reported its existence. Until confirming it now as “Pillar 2” of the new plan, DHS had never previously announced or advertised it.

https://cis.org/Bensman/DHS-Plan-Expected-Border-Surge-PreLegalize-Migrants-They-Get-Border
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does the DHS usually pay for goods and services with blank checks?  So why is it recommending it for this program which will bring every derelict in the world to my country as a citizen? :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

Does the DHS usually pay for goods and services with blank checks?  So why is it recommending it for this program which will bring every derelict in the world to my country as a citizen? :im waiting:
Yup....they are all coming.  Except of course the Cubans, because they tend to be republicans.  *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Of course. Absolve yourself of all responsibility by giving away the farm, then claim you are doing something.
The Republic is lost.