Author Topic: New York City says it needs $3 billion from federal government in coming years to respond to asylum  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York City says it needs $3 billion from federal government in coming years to respond to asylum seekers

By Zenebou Sylla, Celina Tebor and Christina Maxouris, CNN
Published 5:09 PM EST, Sat December 17, 2022

New York is hoping to receive $3 billion from the federal government through 2026 to handle the influx of migrants that city leaders have been grappling with for months, according to a new government report.

The city Comptroller’s Annual State of the City’s Economy and Finances report, released on Thursday, said the federal government has not confirmed it will support New York with the annual $1 billion, but that the money is needed for services to support arriving migrants and those already in shelters who need permanent housing.

The $1 billion includes $600 million for homeless and social services for asylum seekers and another $310 million for health and hospitals, “with the expectation that the Federal government will provide the resources to fully support these programs,” the report said.

https://us.cnn.com/2022/12/17/us/new-york-city-migrant-crisis-federal-support
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It seems only sanctuary cities and states run by democrats are squealing like pigs for financial help.  I wonder how much of that money is privately earmarked for the pockets of lead politicians. :pondering:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 03:01:07 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson