Author Topic: Denver declares state of emergency after 600 migrants descended on the city in two weeks putting 'im  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denver declares state of emergency after 600 migrants descended on the city in two weeks putting 'immense strain' on city resources

The mayor of Denver, Michael Hancock, has declared a state of emergency
The Colorado city has seen 900 asylum seekers arrive over the past few months
They are travelling from the southern border; many are arriving from Venezuela
By ELEANOR DYE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 05:39 EST, 16 December 2022 | UPDATED: 05:46 EST, 16 December 2022

Denver has declared a state of emergency after 600 migrants descended on the city in two weeks, putting an 'immense strain' on its resources. 

Democratic Mayor Michael Hancock made the announcement after the city became unable to cope with the surging numbers due to limited space and numbers of staff.

The city has seen 900 migrants arrive over the past few months, 600 of whom have come since December 2. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11545471/Denver-declares-state-emergency-600-migrants-descended-city-two-weeks.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What a b*tch!  600 immigrants in 2 weeks!  Places in Texas get that many virtually every day. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson