Author Topic: Immigrant rights activists warn Biden not to act like Trump as a new border surge approaches  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigrant rights activists warn Biden not to act like Trump as a new border surge approaches

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, December 15, 2022

Activists on the precipice of achieving the most open border policy toward illegal immigrants in modern American history suddenly find themselves battling the man they thought was their ally: President Biden.

The advocates are pleading with the president to welcome the migrants massing for a run at the border next week with the expiration of Title 42, the pandemic-era policy that has allowed for the expedient expulsion of some border jumpers. They are watching in horror as the Biden administration flirts with a return to tough policies pioneered by President Trump.

The latest is a report that Mr. Biden might revive Trump-era restrictions requiring asylum-seekers who have traversed other countries to reach the U.S. to go back to those countries and apply for asylum rather than demand a right to apply in the U.S.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/dec/15/immigrant-rights-activists-warn-biden-not-act-trum/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson