Author Topic: Bank Threatened To Deny Loan Unless Business Posted Climate Talking Points  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bank Threatened To Deny Loan Unless Business Posted Climate Talking Points

Heartland Author
December 16, 2022

By Brianna Lyman
Editor’s Summary: An executive of Brigham Minerals testified that a major bank threatened to withhold a loan unless he tweeted out pre-approved climate talking points.

Bud Brigham, the executive chairman of Brigham Minerals, testified Thursday before the Texas Senate Committee on State Affairs that a Wall Street bank allegedly threatened to deny him a loan unless he tweeted out specific political messages.

Republican Texas state Sen. Bryan Hughes led the hearing on environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing, an approach to investing that scores companies based on their commitment to certain environmental and social causes.

Brigham testified that, during a capital raise with Credit Suisse, with whom he claims to have raised over $1 billion with over 15 years, the bank instructed him put out overtly political statements on ESG. Brigham explained that an unidentified bank almost immediately approved him for a loan, while Credit Suisse failed to respond to his loan application.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2022/12/bank-threatened-to-deny-loan-unless-business-posted-climate-talking-points/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Bank Threatened To Deny Loan Unless Business Posted Climate Talking Points
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 07:51:15 pm »
My personal bank, Bank of the West, has likewise joined the Climate Change Cult and boasts that they are on board for climate change and "saving" the planet.

I have written the CEO several times to correct her silly political stance and remind her that I am a BANKING customer, not a Climate Change Cult member.

When my written statement came in the mail with carbon dioxide nonsense on the outside of the envelope, I refused it and gave it back to the post office.

I intend to be a bigger pain in the ass to her than any other customer of Bank of the West.

I pointed out that I would close my account, with an average balance of over $5,000, but for the inconvenience of replacing all of my bill-paying and collecting accounts and Zell payees.  I may well close it anyway and transfer
all of that to one of my twi other bank checking accounts.

http://TheGlobalWarmingFraud.wordpress.com

The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist