Author Topic: Environmental Groups Calls For New Buildings Moratorium…Climate Friendlier To Use Old Buildings  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Environmental Groups Calls For New Buildings Moratorium…Climate Friendlier To Use Old Buildings
By P Gosselin on 17. December 2022

Share this...
More government control over private property…bureaucrats should decide whether to demolish or to build new, environmental groups demand.

Symbol image cropped here.

Stop the demolition mania, which comes at the expense of climate
– Nearly 14,090 buildings are demolished every year in Germany, the number of unreported cases is significantly higher

– Building ministries of the countries need to prioritize renovation and conversion of existing buildings instead of new construction

(Berlin, 12.12.2022) Every year, tens of thousands of buildings are demolished and rebuilt instead of being renovated. This places an enormous burden on the climate and resources, and in many cases destroys affordable living space. In view of the continuing demolition mania, the Deutsche Umwelthilfe (DUH) and Architects4Future (A4F) are sounding the alarm. Together with AF4, the DUH environmental and consumer protection association is calling on the building ministers of the federal states to anchor a mandatory demolition permit so that buildings can only be demolished if demolition and new construction are actually more ecological than renovation. Until then, the associations are calling for a demolition moratorium.

https://notrickszone.com/2022/12/17/environmental-groups-calls-for-new-buildings-moratorium-climate-friendlier-to-use-old-buildings/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I think saving old roads, sewer systems, water systems, planes, etc. could save a lot too. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson