Author Topic: Biden Turns To Country For Green Energy Metals With Abysmal Child Labor Record  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY THOMAS CATENACCI ON DEC 16, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden Turns To Country For Green Energy Metals With Abysmal Child Labor Record

The Biden administration opened the door to financing mining projects in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Zambia to bolster the global green energy supply chain as it pushes ahead with its climate agenda, despite the DRC’s documented issues with child laborers being used in such mines.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken entered into the agreement Tuesday, signing a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the two nations and lauding their work improving the electric vehicle battery supply chain. [emphasis, links added]

During a signing ceremony, Blinken said the “future” was happening, given the importance of cobalt for manufacturing electric vehicles.

“I really want to commend the DRC and Zambia, their governments for their leadership and vision in developing an electric vehicle battery council,” Blinken said Tuesday. “This is the future, and it is happening in the DRC and in Zambia.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-turns-to-country-for-green-energy-metals-with-abysmal-child-labor-record/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson