Author Topic: Eco-Activists Are Trying To Kill Green Tech That Could Eliminate Emissions From Fossil Fuels  (Read 382 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eco-Activists Are Trying To Kill Green Tech That Could Eliminate Emissions From Fossil Fuels

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

JACK MCEVOY
ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT REPORTER
December 17, 2022

Numerous environmental nonprofits oppose the development of carbon capture technology, which allows fossil fuel producers to offset some of the carbon emissions they produce, even though the United Nations says that the technology is needed to meet international climate targets.

The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) calls for that governments and other entities must use carbon capture technologies to remove greenhouse emissions from the atmosphere in order to limit global temperature increases to below 2.7°F, compared to pre-industrial levels, according to an April IPCC report.

“The last thing they want to see is a mechanism that allows oil and gas to remain effective sources of energy,”  Rio Grande Foundation President Paul Gessing told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
Although the United Nations states that carbon capture and storage technology (CCS), equipment that enables fossil fuel producers to sequester emissions to mitigate global warming, is needed to meet emissions reduction targets, multiple climate activist groups oppose its development as they believe CCS entrenches the oil and gas industry.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/12/17/eco-activists-trying-kill-green-tech-eliminate-emissions-fossil-fuels/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have a bit of news for these twits.

Since the oil industry saved the whales in the 1800s, it has been entrenched.

Amusingly enough, with the exception of CO2 used for secondary recovery or industrial purposes, the rest of this 'capture' is to placate the greenies in the first place, who consider what is the breath of life for plants to be "pollution".

Ironically, this indirectly attacks the very chlorophyll bearing plants that give the 'green' movement its name.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It doesn't matter if an internal combustion engine could be designed that eliminated 99.5% -- heck, 100% -- of emissions.

The goal for the greenunists IS NOT to "eliminate emissions".
The goal IS to eliminate petroleum extraction and refining.

Of course, if you mention to them that only about 45% or so of petroleum is used for motor fuels, you'll get a blank stare in return (just before they start screaming "climate denier!!!" at you)...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It doesn't matter if an internal combustion engine could be designed that eliminated 99.5% -- heck, 100% -- of emissions.

The goal for the greenunists IS NOT to "eliminate emissions".
The goal IS to eliminate petroleum extraction and refining.

Of course, if you mention to them that only about 45% or so of petroleum is used for motor fuels, you'll get a blank stare in return (just before they start screaming "climate denier!!!" at you)...
Have them remove and discard every article of clothing and personal effect that is petroleum based. Those not immediately arrested for indecent exposure should be allowed to protest away--In Fargo, ND. (Please, not the other end of the state, they'll likely accidentally get hurt by folks actually going to work in the oil fields.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The old one-two. Take away fossil fuels, then agitate against any 'green energy' solution, and viola, no energy for anyone not in the woke Left inner circle.
The Republic is lost.