Author Topic: Border disaster is not an act of God — it’s an act of Biden  (Read 143 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border disaster is not an act of God — it’s an act of Biden
« on: December 17, 2022, 03:35:33 pm »
Border disaster is not an act of God — it’s an act of Biden
By Mark Krikorian
December 16, 2022 6:57pm  Updated

New York City has seen thousands of migrants arrive in recent months.
Eric Adams has asked FEMA for $1 billion to cope with the consequences of the Biden administration's refusal to enforce the border.
William Farrington

Mayor Eric Adams has asked FEMA for $1 billion to cope with the consequences of the Biden administration’s refusal to enforce the border. FEMA’s responsibilities include dealing with wildfires, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, and now, another kind of disaster: an open border.

And it’s about to get worse.

This Wednesday, December 21, something called Title 42 is supposed to end (though a judge may keep it going a little longer). The program was a holdover from the COVID pandemic and allows Border Patrol agents to bounce illegal border-jumpers back into Mexico without getting a hearing or making an asylum claim. It was the only Trump-era immigration-related measure the Biden people kept in place, though they’ve been using it less and less.

Even though Title 42 is no substitute for actual border enforcement, it’s the only thing standing between today’s chaos and the total disappearance of the border.

President Obama’s DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson has said that 1,000 border arrests per day was more than the agency could handle. We’re now seeing close to 7,000 border-jumpers per day, overwhelming our agents and freeing the cartels to move their poison over unguarded borders.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/16/border-disaster-is-not-an-act-of-god-its-an-act-of-biden/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson