Author Topic: Electric Grid Unprepared for Electric Big Rigs  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electric Grid Unprepared for Electric Big Rigs
« on: December 17, 2022, 03:30:05 pm »
Electric Grid Unprepared for Electric Big Rigs

Heartland Author
December 15, 2022

Electric grid unprepared for electric big rigs, which may not be the best alternative, says transportation analyst Robert Poole.

by Robert Poole

Electric utility company National Grid released a study on requirements for electric vehicle (EV) charging stations along long-distance highways, with a focus on heavy trucks. The finding that got the most attention in trucking circles is: “The charging capacity required to supply a large passenger vehicle travel center/truck stop will be roughly equivalent to the electric load of a small town.”

The Electric Highways Study was conducted by National Grid along with Calstart, Geotab, RMI, and Stable Auto. Its geographic focus was New York and Massachusetts, but the implications are national. The report reached six main conclusions:

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2022/12/electric-grid-unprepared-for-electric-big-rigs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Re: Electric Grid Unprepared for Electric Big Rigs
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 11:29:56 pm »
Ya think?    22222frying pan

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Electric Grid Unprepared for Electric Big Rigs
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 11:39:23 pm »
Oh, FFS. I think I'll buy a heavy Wrecker.

We have a buttload of southerners driving big rigs up this way in winter with tanks full of no. 2 diesel and gelling up on the side of the road now, but electrics ought to be a gold mine.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis