Author Topic: Biden’s Justice Department Sues Arizona and Gov. Ducey for Building a Border Wall  (Read 291 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
LAWNEWS
Biden’s Justice Department Sues Arizona and Gov. Ducey for Building a Border Wall
Virginia Allen / @Virginia_Allen5 / December 16, 2022
Department of Justice Doug Ducey

The Department of Justice is suing the state of Arizona and Gov. Doug Ducey for building a makeshift border wall out of shipping containers and razor wire. (Photo: Michael Brochstein/SOPA Images/LightRocket (R), and Beata Zawrzel/NurPhoto (L) / Getty Images)

President Joe Biden’s Justice Department is suing the state of Arizona over Gov. Doug Ducey’s shipping container border wall. 

Ducey has built a makeshift border wall with double-stacked shipping containers topped with razor wire along sections of Arizona’s border with Mexico in Yuma and Cochise Counties. The federal government is calling the governor’s actions illegal, saying the shipping containers were placed on federal land without permission. 

“Officials from Reclamation and the Forest Service have notified Arizona that it is trespassing on federal lands,” the DOJ states in its lawsuit filed Wednesday with the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona. 

“Not only has Arizona refused to halt its trespasses and remove the shipping containers from federal lands, but it has indicated that it will continue to trespass on federal lands and install additional shipping containers,” the suit reads. 

The DOJ says the multiton shipping containers “damage federal lands, threaten public safety, and impede the ability of federal agencies and officials, including law enforcement personnel, to perform their official duties.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/12/16/bidens-justice-department-sues-arizona-gov-ducey-building-border-wall/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is only going to be "an issue" for another two weeks.

As soon as Hobbs becomes governor, she'll sign a consent decree with the JustUs department, and remove the shipping containers pronto.

Offline berdie

Hence the reason the border states don't have a chance.