Author Topic: Removal of Criminal Illegal Immigrants Arrested by Local Police Drops 71% Under Biden  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

DECEMBER 15, 2022
|
JUDICIAL WATCH
Removal of Criminal Illegal Immigrants Arrested by Local Police Drops 71% Under Biden

Besides smashing a record for apprehending a ghastly 2.4 million illegal immigrants along the Mexican border last year, the Biden administration is also making history for drastically slashing the number of criminal aliens that get deported. In its first nine months the administration removed 71% fewer criminal aliens arrested by local police compared to a comparable period in 2019 under President Donald Trump. Overall deportations also declined under Biden from 186,000 in fiscal year 2020 to 59,000 the following year, according to government data provided to the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The Washington D.C.-based nonprofit is the nation’s only think tank devoted exclusively to the research of U.S. immigration policy and has issued a multitude of informative reports over the years.

This month the nonpartisan group published the findings of its analysis of state and local statistics involving illegal aliens removed by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in fiscal years 2019 through 2021. The records include migrants identified by ICE with a biometric match under the Secure Communities program, which uses a federal information-sharing partnership between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to identify aliens in custody without imposing additional requirements on state and local law enforcement. ICE uses fingerprint matching to flag illegal immigrants arrested by local police for state crimes and the agency removes individuals who present significant threats to public safety as determined by the severity of their crime and criminal history, according to ICE’s Secure Communities website. The agency stresses that “the federal government, not the state or local law enforcement agency, determines what immigration enforcement action, if any, is appropriate.”

https://www.judicialwatch.org/removal-of-criminal-illegal-immigrants-drops/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson