Author Topic: Gavin Newsom says California is overwhelmed with migrants after funding social programs for illegal  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gavin Newsom says California is overwhelmed with migrants after funding social programs for illegal immigrants

CARLOS GARCIADecember 14, 2022

California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, said that the state is being overwhelmed by illegal immigrants after he approved funding for numerous social programs for them.

Newsom made the comments in an interview with ABC News where he predicted that the migrant crisis would worsen after the end of Title 42, a Trump-era policy that ordered applicants for asylum to remain in Mexico rather than gain entry into the U.S.

"The fact is what we've got right now is not working, and it's about to break in a post-42 world unless we take some responsibility and ownership," said the governor.

"And I'm saying that as a Democrat, I'm not saying that to point fingers, I'm saying that as a father, I'm saying that as someone that feels responsible for being part of the solution and I'm trying to do my best here," he added.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/gavin-newsom-illegal
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Note he says he is part of the solution but isn't part of the problem. :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How long before California starts surreptitiously busing illegal immigrants to other states, like Oregon and Washington?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

And he expected a different result?
 :boring: