Author Topic: Biden ‘Encouraged’ by Tillis-Sinema Amnesty, Foreign Worker Expansion  (Read 207 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden ‘Encouraged’ by Tillis-Sinema Amnesty, Foreign Worker Expansion

John Binder  14 Dec 2022

President Joe Biden is “encouraged” by a lame duck proposal from Sens. Thom Tillis (R-NC) and Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ) that gives amnesty to millions of illegal aliens and expands the number of foreign workers in the United States labor market.

As Breitbart News reported, Tillis and Sinema have proposed a plan that would give amnesty to at least two million illegal aliens — those enrolled and eligible for former President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) — and bring hundreds of thousands more foreign workers into the labor market via changes to employment-based green cards.

During a press briefing this week, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Biden is “encouraged” by the Tillis-Sinema plan as it is similar to the administration’s own plan that included amnesty for most of the nation’s 11 to 22 million illegal aliens.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/14/biden-encouraged-by-tillis-sinema-amnesty-foreign-worker-expansion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tillis Amnesty Deal Is Dead
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 02:55:10 pm »
Tillis Amnesty Deal Is Dead

Spencer Brown
December 14, 2022 10:00 PM

Tom Williams/Pool via AP
After outcry from conservatives and Republican lawmakers who weren't willing to betray the GOP's commitment to the rule of law, legal immigration, and border security, an attempt to grant mass amnesty to DACA beneficiaries is, according to reporting on Wednesday night, dead.

Unsurprisingly, the fatally flawed legislative framework that was supposed to gin up support on both sides of the political aisle in the U.S. Senate did exactly the opposite as Republicans who limped across the midterm election finish line with barely a majority in the House and a loss in the Senate were not ready to hitch their names to a bill that was toxic among Republican voters.

As Vespa reported, the whole plan was a disaster from the start:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/12/14/the-gop-attempt-to-compromise-for-an-amnesty-deal-is-dead-n2617172
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson