Author Topic: Biden Caused These Green Job Losses With His Climate Tax Act  (Read 280 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Caused These Green Job Losses With His Climate Tax Act
« on: December 15, 2022, 12:10:30 pm »
 WRITTEN BY EDITORIAL BOARD ON DEC 14, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden Caused These Green Job Losses With His Climate Tax Act

President Biden sold the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) as a giant climate jobs program, but then how does he explain what happened Friday at the Stellantis Jeep Cherokee plant in Belvidere, Illinois?

Some 1,350 workers are losing their jobs so the automaker can finance its government-mandated and subsidized electric-vehicle expansion. [emphasis, links added]

Stellantis broke the news to workers on Friday that it will idle the Cherokee plant in February, citing “the increasing cost related to the electrification of the automotive market.” Merry Christmas!

The Jeep Cherokee has been a popular model, though the plant has cut shifts since 2019.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-caused-these-green-job-losses-with-his-climate-tax-act/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 12:11:51 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden Caused These Green Job Losses With His Climate Tax Act
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 12:13:40 pm »
Some things never change.  John Deere started in Illinois but was driven across the river to Iowa by Illinois' fiscal policies. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden Caused These Green Job Losses With His Climate Tax Act
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 11:01:01 pm »
ranger wrote:
"John Deere started in Illinois but was driven across the river to Iowa by Illinois' fiscal policies"

Doesn't Caterpillar have a big presence in Illinois, as well?
How long until they see the light and move out...?