Author Topic: US Solar Panel Installations Fall After Crackdown On China’s Uyghur Slave Labor  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JACK MCEVOY ON DEC 13, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

US Solar Panel Installations Fall After Crackdown On China’s Uyghur Slave Labor

solar farmU.S. solar installations fell in the third quarter of 2022 and are projected to fall by nearly 25% in comparison to 2021 after the Biden administration began blocking Chinese solar imports from Xinjiang, a region where Uyghur Muslims are allegedly being forced to work, according to a Tuesday report.

The U.S. installed 4.6 GW of solar capacity in the third quarter of 2022, a 17% decrease from 2021’s third quarter and a 2% decrease from the second quarter of 2022 as the government continues to impound Chinese solar panel products under the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA), according to a Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and Wood Mackenzie report.

The act, which Congress passed in December 2021, bans imports from Xinjiang due to the allegations that Uyghurs are forced to manufacture polysilicon, a key input in solar panels, exacerbating supply chain constraints and meaning that the total number of solar installations in 2022 is projected to decline by 23% compared to 2021 levels. [emphasis, links added]

https://climatechangedispatch.com/us-solar-panel-installations-fall-after-crackdown-on-chinas-uyghur-slave-labor/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just because a few thousand people are enslaved and murdered is no reason to stop attacking "climate change." :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson