Author Topic: Virginia Agrees to Compensate Fishing Industry for Damage from Offshore Wind  (Read 355 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Virginia Agrees to Compensate Fishing Industry for Damage from Offshore Wind
2 hours ago Charles Rotter 3 Comments
From Bacon’s Rebellion

by Steve Haner

Nine states, including Virginia, have agreed to establish a major compensation fund to pay their private commercial and recreational fishing companies for damages caused by offshore wind turbines. 

Three guesses where the money comes from. The announcement, made December 12, hints at it coming from project developers, but in Virginia of course that is a monopoly utility guaranteed by law to collect all costs from its customers. Dominion Energy Virginia’s planned 176-turbine Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind (CVOW) just got more expensive. In other cases and other states, also expect the bill to end up with energy consumers or taxpayers.

If the worst fears over CVOW’s impact on commercial fishing prove correct, a shrinking supply of seafood from the continental shelf will likely raise the prices on what is still coming to stores and restaurants. People may pay more both ways.

In a move very reminiscent of how Europe operates, this effort comes under the umbrella of a non-governmental organization, or NGO. The industry and wind advocates dominate it, and questions about just what authority the federal government has to impose this (none) are sidestepped.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/14/virginia-agrees-to-compensate-fishing-industry-for-damage-from-offshore-wind/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Of course, the cost of compensation won't show up as a cost of the electricity. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Yay Younkin... he's gonna save us...  9999hair out0000

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
When the equivalant of Hurricane Sandy strikes and all that Turbine hardware slams the coast, and up to 2 miles inland.....   Youngkin and VA gonna compensate those folks too?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When the equivalant of Hurricane Sandy strikes and all that Turbine hardware slams the coast, and up to 2 miles inland.....   Youngkin and VA gonna compensate those folks too?
I'm not sure if those blades float, but imagine one being pushed by waves and storm surge into a beachfront community. That could create an impressive amount of damage, not to mention something like that floating around beinga hazard to navigation...

The only reason the greenies want these offshore is that no one wants them in their back yards.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis