Author Topic: Have Embarrassing Failed Predictions Taught Climate Scientists to be Cautious?  (Read 317 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Have Embarrassing Failed Predictions Taught Climate Scientists to be Cautious?
13 hours ago Eric Worrall 48 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

“… It is difficult to predict whether changes in cyclone formation and behaviour will pose a risk to Australia …”

Tropical cyclones in Australia: How severe are they, and what impact will climate change have on them?

By Emily Bennett 7:09am Dec 11, 2022

Tropical cyclones have killed hundreds of Australians and caused billions of dollars in damage – and we’ve been warned they’re only going to get worse.

With another cyclone season upon us, what lies ahead for our region in the coming months?

Is the number of cyclones predicted to increase due to climate change?

The total number of cyclones in Australia is predicted to decrease – but that’s not the full story.

Climate models project an increase in the proportion of high-intensity storms, with stronger winds and higher rainfall, according to the Earth Systems and Climate Change Hub.

University of Melbourne expert Professor Kevin Walsh agrees with the modelling.

“The most likely outcome for the future frequency of tropical cyclones in the Australian region is a slight decrease,” Walsh said.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/12/have-embarrassing-failed-predictions-taught-climate-scientists-to-be-cautious/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 11:57:43 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Have they learned?  Probably!  But they have also learned from the cancel culture they had better not say so. 22222frying pan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Have Embarrassing Failed Predictions Taught Climate Scientists to be Cautious?"

NO !!!

Au contraire...
The failed predictions goad them into issuing even crazier predictions...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They need increasing crazy to get more headlines and more money.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 11:03:45 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.