Author Topic: VOA: Mayorkas ‘Warns Borders Being Rendered Meaningless’  (Read 300 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
VOA: Mayorkas ‘Warns Borders Being Rendered Meaningless’
« on: December 12, 2022, 07:31:05 pm »
VOA: Mayorkas ‘Warns Borders Being Rendered Meaningless’
Headline reveals disconnect between DHS’s concerns and Biden’s border policies

By Andrew R. Arthur on December 12, 2022

Voice of America (VOA) recently published an article captioned: “US Homeland Security Chief Warns Borders Being Rendered Meaningless”, referring to DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. For those aware of the administration’s feckless border policies, the headline may be unintentionally funny, but the contents reveal a serious disconnect between the secretary’s concerns and the president’s policies at the U.S.-Mexico line.

Rapid Disintegration in Border Security Under Biden. Joe Biden was the fortuitous beneficiary of what his first Border Patrol chief, Rodney Scott, described in September 2021 as “arguably the most effective border security in” U.S. history. The chief asserted, however, that this security rapidly disintegrated as “border security recommendations from experienced career professionals” were “ignored and stymied by inexperienced political employees”.

It’s not clear whether Scott was targeting Mayorkas, the top political appointee at DHS, directly, as few would describe the secretary as “inexperienced”. Rather, he was deputy secretary at DHS from 2013 to 2016, before which he served as head of USCIS between 2009 and 2013.

At DHS, Mayorkas oversaw some of the lowest levels of apprehensions at the Southwest border in decades. In fact, he was in the job in FY 2014, when the Obama administration moved to curb a surge in migrant adults entering illegally with children in “family units” (FMUs) by expanding FMU detention so effectively that DHS faced lawsuits by the plaintiffs in the Flores settlement agreement and others.

https://cis.org/Arthur/VOA-Mayorkas-Warns-Borders-Being-Rendered-Meaningless
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: VOA: Mayorkas ‘Warns Borders Being Rendered Meaningless’
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 07:37:14 pm »
This is how the media dupes dumb*sses!  Media claims the VOA says Mayorkas is warning people about chaos when he is doing nothing of the sort.  He is BRAGGING about the chaos he and Biden have, and are increasing, everywhere.  It's exactly the kind of thing Cloward/Piven recommend.  Democrats having been trying for this since the first day of Barack Obama's presidency. :reaper:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 08:06:36 pm »
If borders are rendered meaningless, so are the Governments that create, administer, and defend them.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 09:54:53 pm »
I guess by stating this Mayorka thinks he's off the hook!!! What a warped way of thinking and a criminal way to lead an agency.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt