Author Topic: Climate Expert: U.S. Extreme Weather In 2022 ‘Pretty Normal’  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Expert: U.S. Extreme Weather In 2022 ‘Pretty Normal’
« on: December 12, 2022, 06:39:42 pm »
WRITTEN BY ROGER PIELKE JR. ON DEC 12, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Climate Expert: U.S. Extreme Weather In 2022 ‘Pretty Normal’

weather collageHow extreme was the weather in the United States in 2022?

Of course, the year is not over, and more extreme weather will yet occur, but most of the year has passed and it is not too early to look back at how 2022 looks in a historical context.

I wanted to get this out before NOAA blasts out its “billion-dollar disaster” press kit, along with the implication that damage from disasters tells us something about extreme weather. [emphasis, links added]

If you want to understand trends in extreme weather, look at weather data, not economic data.

In a few words, extreme weather in 2022 in the U.S. has been pretty normal. Some extreme weather phenomena occurred at a rate or intensity greater than historical averages, but many occurred less.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-expert-u-s-extreme-weather-in-2022-pretty-normal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson