Author Topic: “All-the-Above” Energy Policy Is a Compromise That Reverses Human and Environmental Progress  (Read 263 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“All-the-Above” Energy Policy Is a Compromise That Reverses Human and Environmental Progress

by Dr. Indur Goklany

The Net Zero energy policy pursued by the current administration would essentially, sooner or later, phase out fossil fuels. That would roll back much of the progress America and the world has witnessed since the 19th century in economic and human well-being while increasing pressures on the rest of nature.

An alternative, embraced by many conservatives, is the “all-the-above” (ATA) policy. This approach preserves the option of using fossil fuels but with strict limitations that, however, are not founded on empirical science. Moreover, ATA would hamstring economic growth, increase the cost of living, and particularly hurt those on the lower economic rungs. We all would be poorer.

New power plants using fossil fuels would have to employ technologies to capture CO2 emissions, perhaps convert them, if necessary, to other forms, and store them in stable geological formations or use them in commercial products.  To date, however, there have been no successful demonstrations that such technologies, while technically feasible, are economically viable at the scale needed to significantly reduce CO2 emissions. Neither has it been established that reducing atmospheric CO2 would be desirable when the gas contributes significantly to crop production in a still-growing but hungry world and to preserving habitat and ecosystem health. Equally important, imposing limits on fossil fuels that go beyond today’s best practices is not underpinned by science

https://co2coalition.org/2022/12/09/all-the-above-energy-policy-is-a-compromise-that-reverses-human-and-environmental-progress/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Claims that de-carbonization resolves alleged "Global Climate Change" are not based in empirical science either.  They are just theory that use possibly flawed computer models to predict what may or may not happen.  Those models are devleoped upon possibly flawed theories and incomplete data.

All of The Above is offers "progress", not perfection.

Who is suffering the most from high energy prices caused by Net Zero government policies?  The poor.  They can't heat their houses with solar panels nor wind turbines.  Look what Net Zero is doing to agriculture - displaced farmers and reduced food output.

Net Zero will lead to social and political unrest as the unwashed masses rise up aginst the Gloablist Kleptocratic Elites in their struggle to survive on a 21st Century Earth while being reduced to a 18th Century standard of living.

Climate Alarmists are publicity and grant money whores who use hyperbolic predictions to attract the media coverage and the grant money they want to perpetuate their fraud upon the Western World.

Meanwhile, as US and Europe are driven into social and economic decline by Net Zero, China and India still use fossil fuels to power their rising economies, societies, and militaries.

The question to ask is "Who benefits the most from Net Zero policies in the West?" ... The answer is the Chinese Communist Party.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.