Author Topic: Retention issues? Political strategists weigh in on recent departures from the Democratic Party  (Read 186 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 12, 2022 2:00am EST
Retention issues? Political strategists weigh in on recent departures from the Democratic Party
Three Democrats – from all levels of government – recently announced they are leaving the Democratic Party

By Kyle Morris | Fox News

Several elected Democrats — despite a great deal of success in the 2022 midterm cycle — have chosen to end their affiliation with the Democratic Party in recent weeks, raising concern over whether the party may be suffering from a retention problem as political divides continue to widen in the United States.

From all levels of government — local, state and federal — elected officials once labeled Democrats announced after the recent midterm elections they would be switching parties or becoming independent voices in their respective roles.

Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, who has refused to fall in line with other Democrats on key issues, announced Friday in an op-ed for the Arizona Republic that she was leaving the Democratic Party and had registered as an independent, citing increasingly partisan interests and radicalization of both political parties as the reason for her departure.

Sinema isn't the only elected leader who recently made the decision to ditch the Democratic Party. Last week, New York City Councilman Ari Kagan, who was elected to the council in 2021 as a Democrat, announced he would be exiting the party to become a Republican. In West Virginia, state Sen. Glenn Jeffries announced earlier this month he was forgoing his affiliation with the party to join the GOP.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/retention-issues-political-strategists-weigh-recent-departures-democratic-party
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Independent voters see both the GOP and the Dem brands to be toxic.  Both parties are dominated by a handful billionaire kleptocrats that have designs for the unwashed masses.

////00000////

A future dystopian GOP-Dem state would be a Purtian theocracy without meat.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.