Author Topic: ICE Massively Misreporting How Many Illegal Immigrants Released with GPS Trackers  (Read 163 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ICE Massively Misreporting How Many Illegal Immigrants Released with GPS Trackers
Jennie TaerDecember 6, 20220

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is massively misreporting the number of illegal immigrants released into the country with GPS tracking technology by nearly 600%, according to an internal document exclusively obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

ICE disclosed privately to participants of a closed-door event about the agency’s “Alternatives to Detention” Thursday, attended by ICE Director Tae Johnson along with several agency officials and non-profits, that 8,118 illegal immigrants are monitored with GPS tracking through the program as of Nov. 14. Publicly, however, ICE says on its website that 56,805 illegal immigrants are monitored by GPS as of Nov. 19.

ICE implemented the “Alternatives to Detention” program in 2004 to monitor illegal migrants released into the country using ankle monitors, GPS tracking and cell phones.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/12/ice-massively-misreporting-how-many-illegal-immigrants-released-with-gps-trackers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson