Author Topic: Electric Cars Are Futile As A Solution To The So-Called ‘Climate Crisis’  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANTHONY WATTS ON DEC 9, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Electric Cars Are Futile As A Solution To The So-Called ‘Climate Crisis’

The Department of Energy’s Argonne National Laboratory recently released a study titled, “Assessment of Light-Duty Plug-in Electric Vehicles in the United States, 2010 – 2021,” which shows that in 2021, privately-owned plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) and electric vehicles (EVs) “saved about 690 million gallons of gasoline.”

However, that is a huge exaggeration because fossil fuels provide 61 percent of the electricity in the United States. [emphasis, links added]

This means we have to include the inefficiency of burning coal or natural gas to make electricity (around 45 percent), transmission losses (about 5 percent), and losses in the inverter to charge the battery (another 5 percent).

Considering those losses, less than 33 percent of that apparent savings is a real reduction in fossil fuel use, the equivalent of roughly 230 million gallons of gasoline.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/electric-cars-are-futile-as-a-solution-to-the-so-called-climate-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It looks like Jennie Granholm has been eating VERY WELL on the taxpayer's dime(s).  She has been able to add quite a few lbs. since she was governor of Michigan. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson