Author Topic: Green Raw Deal: Climate Fanatism Has Put Us Full Throttle On The Highway To Hell  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green Raw Deal: Climate Fanatism Has Put Us Full Throttle On The Highway To Hell
By P Gosselin on 9. December 2022

Share this...
By Fred F. Mueller [Berlin]

In the months-long drum-up for the big Jamboree of climate fanatics in Sharm el Sheikh a few weeks ago, politicians, NGO’s and the mainstream media have done their best to mask an inconvenient truth that will preoccupy us for a long time to come: the massive recession that the climate policies in our countries have brought upon us.

This undeniable truth can be clearly seen when looking at the Nasdaq, a fairly good gauge for the state of the economy and the seriousness of recessive developments:

Fig. 1. The Nasdaq since Jan. 1st, 2005

The graph shown above may be compared to the fever graph of a hospital patient. It is a fairly good indicator of the current state of the economy reflecting ups and downs and their severity.

For the past 17 years, several minor disturbances aside, we can identify three major setbacks linked to specific events. Their severity cannot be deducted directly by comparing the absolute differences. This is due to the fact that over time, the Nasdaq is subjected to constant growth as a result of the upswing in the collective wealth of the US shareholders. It is thus more appropriate to assess the severity of such declines by calculating the relative difference between max- und min-value before and respectively after the event. This yields the following results:

Subprime crisis: Decline -24 %, duration 4 months 10 days

https://notrickszone.com/2022/12/09/green-raw-deal-climate-fanatism-has-put-us-full-throttle-on-the-highway-to-hell/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson