Author Topic: Bowe Bergdahl’s name surfaces in Oath Keepers member trial  (Read 1371 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bowe Bergdahl’s name surfaces in Oath Keepers member trial
« on: December 11, 2022, 12:09:15 pm »
Bowe Bergdahl’s name surfaces in Oath Keepers member trial
By Mitch Perry, Florida Phoenix
 Dec 9, 05:10 PM

The name of former U.S. Army infantryman Bowe Bergdahl, who deserted his post in Afghanistan and was held captive by the Taliban for more than four years before eventually being given his dishonorable discharge, has surfaced in the federal prosecution of retired Army Green Beret and Oath Keepers member Jeremy Brown.

Brown faces a 10-count federal indictment alleging that he possessed unregistered guns, explosives, and secret national security documents that federal agents found when arresting him last year on charges that he trespassed outside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Brown maintains that federal law enforcement officers planted the explosives and secret documents when they searched his property on Sept. 30, 2021. His indictment includes five counts of possessing secret national security documents, but he has said that one of those counts actually involves his own “work product.”

But until this week, it wasn’t known what that so-called work product was. On Wednesday, near the end of a full day of testimony in his trial in Tampa, Andrew Koundarakis, an investigator with the U.S. Air Force, told the court that he received a tip that Brown was in possession of classified defense department information in 2017 and went to confront Brown about it. He said the information pertained to Bergdahl.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2022/12/09/bowe-bergdahls-name-surfaces-in-oath-keepers-member-trial/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Bowe Bergdahl’s name surfaces in Oath Keepers member trial
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 04:15:25 pm »
Ok,there is something wrong here. The photo at the link shows him as a Buck  Sgt,or NCO with a pay grade of E-5,and the story indicates he served for 20 years.

Sgt E-5 is the base rank for Special Forces Soldiers. Are we to believe he served 20 years in SF without getting promoted or booted out for incompetence?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!