Author Topic: Cedar Rapids listed as top destination for immigrants' second move  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cedar Rapids listed as top destination for immigrants' second move

Top 25 larger metros where immigrants make their “second move” to. Data: The George W. Bush Institute; Map: Alice Feng/Axios
Immigrants who are already living in the United States are choosing more affordable metros for their "second move."

A new report by the Bush Institute lists Cedar Rapids as one of the best places for them to go.

The living standards for immigrants in Cedar Rapids are comparable to the country's 25 largest metros, according to the report.
Why it matters: In recent decades, immigrants in the U.S. have increasingly chosen to live in smaller cities and more suburban areas — spreading demographic and social change across the country, writes Axios' Stef Kight.

https://www.axios.com/local/des-moines/2022/12/09/cedar-rapids-top-destination-immigrants-second-move
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Cedar Rapids listed as top destination for immigrants' second move
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 06:13:06 pm »
Cedar Rapids OMGGGGGGG
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Cedar Rapids listed as top destination for immigrants' second move
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 06:22:25 pm »
Cedar Rapids OMGGGGGGG

Here in Iowa we call it Cedar Crapids. AKA the city of 5 smells. Worst part is those that live there think it's the best town on the planet.
The Republic is lost.