Author Topic: Claim: Indoor Farms can Solve Climate Crisis Weather Disruption  (Read 272 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Claim: Indoor Farms can Solve Climate Crisis Weather Disruption
« on: December 07, 2022, 12:32:48 pm »
Claim: Indoor Farms can Solve Climate Crisis Weather Disruption
2 hours ago Eric Worrall 7 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Apparently the amount and cost of electricity to run the indoor grow lights is a problem.

Vertical farms, indoor crops a growing trend as climate change drives advances in protected farming

ABC Southern Qld / By David Chen

Australia’s rich food bowl regions keep the nation fed but a year of storms and floods has repeatedly put them to the test and added to the soaring cost of fresh fruit and vegetables.

Climate-driven events are forecast to increase in the future but supply shortages experienced across the country this year could become a thing of the past as producers use their ingenuity and pivot towards indoor farming to shore up food security.

In a cavernous 4,000-square-metre warehouse on the Gold Coast, soon-to-be-planted lettuce seedlings will be safe from the elements. 

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/07/claim-indoor-farms-can-solve-climate-crisis-weather-disruption/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:33:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Claim: Indoor Farms can Solve Climate Crisis Weather Disruption
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 12:35:31 pm »

Apparently the amount and cost of electricity to run the indoor grow lights is a problem.

Apparently?  How about AC and heat to control temperature and humidity?  How about irrigation and the cost of water? :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:36:54 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson