Author Topic: Foreign Investors Plot Suburban Residential Takeover Through Loudoun County  (Read 281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Foreign Investors Plot Suburban Residential Takeover Through Loudoun County

Breccan F. Thies 6 Dec 2022

A foreign-owned private equity-backed rehab corporation is attempting to turn suburban America into luxury commercial rehabilitation facilities.

Newport Healthcare, which is primarily owned by the Toronto-based private equity firm Onex Partners, seeks to purchase suburban residential land in order to house patients and operate its rehabilitation centers in American neighborhoods.

One of the company’s attempted footholds is Loudoun County, Virginia — a wealthy suburb of Washington, DC, where the granting of permits could set precedent for other suburban neighborhoods, forcing families to live near treatment facilities for substance abuse, trauma, and other issues.

Residents are concerned that such commercial use in their neighborhoods would result in “opening Loudoun residential zones to this corporate misuse, negatively impacting home values, private equity acquiring more family residences, and fundamentally changing the neighborhood with commercial-level traffic, noise, risk of runaways, emergency service calls, and public disturbances that are reported around their other locations.”

Newport has acquired a subdivision of three single-family homes as well as ten adjacent acres of land, totaling a 25-acre facility, in Loudoun County.

The company attempted a similar arrangement in the wealthy McLean area of neighboring Fairfax County, where zoning officials denied requests to convert the residences into rehabilitation facilities.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/06/foreign-investors-plot-suburban-residential-takeover-loudoun-county/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
NIMBY.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Strange timing, considering interest rates and demand are getting ready to sink the real estate market.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Strange timing, considering interest rates and demand are getting ready to sink the real estate market.

Not really, if one considers that this will basically be a machine for milking private insurance, medicare, and medicaid.

Also, since the investor is Canadian, the funding is likely coming from non-U.S. sources, so the U.S. domestic interest rates won't really affect their investment.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 08:48:13 pm by Kamaji »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not really, if one considers that this will basically be a machine for milking private insurance, medicare, and medicaid.

Also, since the investor is Canadian, the funding is likely coming from non-U.S. sources, so the U.S. domestic interest rates won't really affect their investment.

Guess it depends on how lucrative the businees model is.  From a glance at the article, I could conceive $100M's of capital loss. at the crash.  But OTOH, they could amoritize/depreciate  it as net loss, and make it work.

Plus I am not sure how much advantage a foreign entity might get in a tax shelter. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.