Author Topic: Massive mixed-use Newton development near Riverside MBTA stop on hold  (Read 296 times)

Online DefiantMassRINO

The Fed's monetary policies are already showing effect.

Republicans need to fight against the Fed's war against the working and middle classes, and to fight against Biden's policies that constrain supply.

https://www.boston.com/real-estate/real-estate/2022/12/06/massive-mixed-use-newton-development-near-riverside-mbta-stop-on-hold/?p1=hp_secondary
Massive mixed-use Newton development near Riverside MBTA stop on hold
Construction costs and interest rates are to blame, the developer says.
By Christopher Gavin   
December 6, 2022 | 11:52 AM

A sprawling, approximately 1 million-square-foot mixed-use development slated to transform the area around Newton’s Riverside MBTA station is on hold as construction costs and interest rates rise.

Mark Development, the local firm behind the project alongside Alexandria Real Estate Equities Inc., told the Riverside Liaison Committee last month rising price tags — including a 25 percent jump in construction costs — prompted it to put the development “on hold,” a report from the committee says....
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Massive mixed-use Newton development near Riverside MBTA stop on hold
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 11:57:34 am »
Just another example of left wing infliction of invoking the laws of unintended consequences.

When the Fed's get burnt by their own mismanagment?  Worth the price of admission.   :silly:

Sorry for letting my hatred of our government enter into the equation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.