Author Topic: Vermont’s largest city sees 5 homicides, most since 1960  (Read 517 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Vermont’s largest city sees 5 homicides, most since 1960
« on: December 06, 2022, 07:29:12 pm »
Violent crime is not just a big city problem.

Republicans need to fight the Liberals' soft-on-crime policies.

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2022/12/06/vermonts-largest-city-sees-5-homicides-most-since-1960/?p1=hp_featurestack
Vermont’s largest city sees 5 homicides, most since 1960
Between 2012 and 2021 the city averaged one homicide a year, with several years seeing none.

By WILSON RING, Associated Press
December 6, 2022 | 12:42 PM

The five homicides committed in Burlington this year are the most since 1960 and the number of killings in those two years could tie the most ever reported in Vermont’s largest city in one year, the city’s police chief says.

Burlington police are investigating the city’s fifth homicide in 2022, a stabbing death that took place early Sunday.

Department records suggest the five homicides reported this year and in 1960 could be the most ever, Acting Police Chief Jon Murad said in an email. Because the department’s older records are incomplete, he said he couldn’t be sure.

There were no homicides reported in Burlington in 2021 and one in 2020. Between 2012 and 2021 the city averaged one homicide a year, with several years seeing none. ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Vermont’s largest city sees 5 homicides, most since 1960
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 08:15:56 pm »
The murder stats may be related to a changing demographic. This article was written when 2022's tally was only three.
Burlington ’22 murders highlight problems of drug trafficking, domestic violence, young immigrants in limbo
By Guy Page on September 8, 2022   

Three people have been murdered by gunfire in Burlington this year. All three deaths reflect longtime, ongoing social problems common not only Burlington but all of Vermont and the U.S. ...

Also, Rogers was black – as were the other two murder victims.

Murder and attempted murder by gunfire as a result of drug trafficking has been on the rise in Vermont. Scarcely a week passes that somewhere in Vermont – with Burlington and Springfield among the most likely locales – a drug trafficker doesn’t shoot at someone else, often also a drug trafficker. ...

But both Mubarak and his alleged shooter, Abdiaziz “Drill” Abdhikadir, were raised in Chittenden County after their families emigrated from the wartorn Africa and the Middle East. Both had ongoing run-ins with law enforcement.   ...
The most recent (Dec. 4) homicide victim appears to be Abubakar Sharrif, 23.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 08:40:11 pm »
It's all those damn white people moving it that are causing all the violence!

Oh,wait. It'd damn near all white people there.

Who could be moving in and causing all the trouble?

Is it the Irish?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 08:41:53 pm »
The murder stats may be related to a changing demographic. This article was written when 2022's tally was only three.The most recent (Dec. 4) homicide victim appears to be Abubakar Sharrif, 23.

@mountaineer

Damn Pollocks!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 10:11:03 pm »
Burlington is Vermont's biggest city, but it's still not really that big ... about 400,000 in the entire area, I think.

I'd like to see "the demographics" on all 5 cases.
That would probably tell us a lot.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 11:42:29 pm »
Burlington is Vermont's biggest city, but it's still not really that big ... about 400,000 in the entire area, I think.

I'd like to see "the demographics" on all 5 cases.
That would probably tell us a lot.

@Fishrrman

Seems to me to be VERY unlikely to happen.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 02:05:14 am »
The article I cited above, along with others from the same publication, seem to indicate all 5 victims and the perpetrators were "POC." Some were Middle Eastern immigrants.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 03:33:26 am »
The article I cited above, along with others from the same publication, seem to indicate all 5 victims and the perpetrators were "POC." Some were Middle Eastern immigrants.

@mountaineer

This tells both them and us that they just ain't trying hard enough to show how open-minded they are,and that they need to import more.