Author Topic: NY lawmakers push for slavery reparations for black residents  (Read 864 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NY lawmakers push for slavery reparations for black residents
« on: December 06, 2022, 05:05:05 pm »
 NY lawmakers push for slavery reparations for black residents
By Carl Campanile and
Zach Williams   
December 5, 2022 6:38pm

Some New York lawmakers are renewing the push for a state law that would lay the groundwork to pay reparations to black residents whose ancestors were enslaved.

Proponents gained steam after a task force in California last week recommended that the Golden State shell out $569 billion in reparations to slaves’ descendents there, or $223,200 apiece, because of lingering housing discrimination practices.

A previously proposed New York measure called for creating a commission to study the impact of slavery and providing reparations but failed to pass the legislature. It is now being revised, backers said.

“We saw what happened in California. We want to pass a bill that starts a conversation about reparations,” said Assemblywoman Michaelle Solages (D-Nassau), chairwoman of the New York Black, Puerto Rican, Hispanic and Asian Legislative Caucus, to The Post.

Assemblywoman Taylor Darling (D-Nassau) said it would be a “slap in the face” if Gov. Kathy Hochul and the legislature don’t green-light a reparations study commission.

Darling also scoffed that the $223,000 figure that California’s task force recommended for each black descendant there was too low.

more
https://www.conservativereview.com/soros-backed-group-advises-biden-admin-that-clean-air-act-could-be-used-to-control-or-prohibit-gasoline-2658835280.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: NY lawmakers push for slavery reparations for black residents
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 05:25:47 pm »
As long as the Democrat Party is the one paying them, it has my full support.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 11:27:08 pm »
Sounds like this re-pah-RA-shuns stuff is gettin' contagious...!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 12:15:21 am »
"NY lawmakers push for slavery reparations in order to buy black votes".

There,I fixed it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2022, 04:17:18 pm »
"NY lawmakers push for slavery reparations in order to buy black votes".

There,I fixed it.

Ya nailed it; kudos!!!
 :yowsa:
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 04:24:12 pm »
What about reparations for indentured Irish servants?

////00000////

I've been injured and harmed by the historical injustice suffered by my ancestors.  According to the injury lawyer commercials on late night television, I'm entitled to damages.

While we are righting past wrongs, Italy owes reparations to Tunisia for the Punic Wars.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright