Author Topic: Biden EPA To Kill Alaskan Mine Despite Army Corps Giving Its Approval  (Read 161 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JACK MCEVOY ON DEC 5, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden EPA To Kill Alaskan Mine Despite Army Corps Giving Its Approval

pebble mine areaThe Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended prohibiting the operators of Southwestern Alaska’s Pebble Mine from disposing of waste material in the nearby Bristol Bay, a regulation that would prevent the mine from opening.

However, the mine could generate billions in revenue by producing minerals that are crucial in supporting the Biden administration’s “clean energy transition.”

The EPA said Pebble Mine’s potential waste discharges would threaten nearby sockeye salmon fisheries by polluting the water and preventing the fish from spawning and reproducing, according to an agency proposal released Thursday. [emphasis, links added]

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-epa-to-kill-alaskan-mine-despite-army-corps-giving-its-approval/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson