Author Topic: Political Graphics 2023  (Read 393602 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Political Graphics 2023
« Reply #10075 on: December 26, 2023, 06:20:42 pm »
I long for the days when this thread was about Political Graphics....
TTIUWP  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10076 on: December 26, 2023, 07:18:50 pm »
No title is needed here
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10077 on: December 26, 2023, 07:21:31 pm »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10078 on: December 26, 2023, 07:48:08 pm »

This is very, VERY, common. When senior corporate types are faced with innovation, it scares the shit out of them (at least it used to).

John Antioco, the former CEO of Blockbuster, also turned down an offer to purchase Netflix outright for $50 million.  He now sits on the board of a frozen yogurt company with 50 stores.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10079 on: December 26, 2023, 08:04:57 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10080 on: December 26, 2023, 09:22:39 pm »
Respectively asked.

Dukes of Hazzard actor John Schneider called for public hanging of Joe Biden

@Slide Rule

I  sure am glad I am not him!

He may be rich now,but I suspect he is going to be bankrupt by  the time the legal fees for his defense are paid.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10081 on: December 26, 2023, 09:25:56 pm »
What a weirdo. I have no idea what this day-drinking babbling nonsense is supposed to be? If I 'like' what? If I don't like what?
What the HELL are you talking about. Your incoherent response has nothing to do with my post.

However, I am CRUSHED and SHOCKED that you have decided to no longer be responsible for my ego or my mood swings. This is devastating news to me! What am I going to do without this @sneakypete freak taking care of me. LOL!

BTW: Were you ever Special Forces in Vietnam? Could you please tell me again? You haven't talked about it for a day or two, so now I am becoming unsure if it was you or some other poster.

@240B

I was SF before VN,during my tour of VN,and when I returned  from VN.

And I don't give a rabid rats ass what you believe or don't believe.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10082 on: December 26, 2023, 09:28:30 pm »
Nah... not McAffee....

Gates bought DDOS (Down and Dirty DOS), otherwise called 86-DOS from Seattle Computer Products _ a one horse back yard outfit... A guy named Patterson or the like. That DOS was all but a direct rip of Digital Research's CP/M, which would later become DR-DOS -There were DR-DOS Easter eggs found in all versions of MS-DOS

Anyhow, Gates bought out DDOS, rebranded it to MS-DOS, wrote a primitive IDE and editor for it, and peddled it as his own... A method that later became a trend.

@sneakypete

@roamer_1

Most of what you wrote will remain a mystery to me. Yes,I DO have a vague idea what DOS is,but that is all I know about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10083 on: December 26, 2023, 09:29:48 pm »
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

-M. Jagger-

@Hoodat

One of my favorite Rolling Stones songs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10084 on: December 26, 2023, 09:31:47 pm »

@240B

I see no reason why a religious property wouldn't be taxed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10085 on: December 26, 2023, 09:38:59 pm »
@roamer_1

Most of what you wrote will remain a mystery to me. Yes,I DO have a vague idea what DOS is,but that is all I know about it.

DOS was, roughly speaking, what came before Windows. It was largely just a command line interface - You type in commands and it returns what you asked for... However, even in DOS there were graphic programs and rudimentary menu systems that approached what Windows and other modern OS do... Point and click...

But at the time, there was pretty much only DOS and Unix, and neither one was graphic yet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10086 on: December 26, 2023, 09:45:49 pm »
DOS was, roughly speaking, what came before Windows. It was largely just a command line interface - You type in commands and it returns what you asked for... However, even in DOS there were graphic programs and rudimentary menu systems that approached what Windows and other modern OS do... Point and click...

But at the time, there was pretty much only DOS and Unix, and neither one was graphic yet.

@roamer_1

Thanks.

Truthfully,if  someone hadn't done that,there is no way I would have ever bought a computer. I was just too busy working every hour of every day I could work to bothered with  learning about something like computers.

Truth  to tell,I suspect that if it hadn't been for games like Doom and Duke Nukem,I probably wouldn't have even bought a computer. I saw my first Duke Nuken game while visiting friends that had just bought a computer,and and thought it was be "fun" to do that.

That was when I learned that the words "Fun" and "Compulsion/obsession" have nothing in common.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10087 on: December 26, 2023, 09:49:41 pm »
LOL!  I am old enough to know what a TOS is...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10088 on: December 26, 2023, 09:51:40 pm »

That was when I learned that the words "Fun" and "Compulsion/obsession" have nothing in common.

No kidding, @sneakypete . The last game I played was Doom. The stuff is like crack to me. I can't put it down. And then once I have fairly mastered it, I have to figure out how to hack it... It's a whole thing in me.

So I don't play computer games at all. There ought to be a 12-step program.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10089 on: December 26, 2023, 09:55:33 pm »
No kidding, @sneakypete . The last game I played was Doom. The stuff is like crack to me. I can't put it down. And then once I have fairly mastered it, I have to figure out how to hack it... It's a whole thing in me.

Doom was also my last video game.  Same reason.  I got a modern cocktail table version of the old games like Pac Man and Galaga.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #10090 on: December 26, 2023, 10:11:51 pm »
Doom was also my last video game.  Same reason.  I got a modern cocktail table version of the old games like Pac Man and Galaga.

A friend and I still play Unreal Tournament 1999 head-to-head over the Internet...  I think it came out in 1999... Originally we played head-to-head via dedicated 128 kbps ISDN lines going to each of our homes without using the Internet...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 10:12:38 pm by DB »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10091 on: December 27, 2023, 12:13:33 am »

@roamer_1

Ditto!

It is like whiskey to me. I can either drink alcohol,or NOT drink alcohol. There is no real "in-between".

I DID manage to down a Miller Low  Life several years ago after weed-whacking for a few hours in the hot sun,though. It was out of a six-pack I had bought a couple of years earlier when I was still drinking,and it was in my refrigerator all this time and practically freezing cold.

I don't know how I managed to drink just one and then stop,but clever planning was never a part of it.

BTW,the other 5 are still in my refrigerator,along with half a fifth of Jim Beam that I was drinking out of when I finally figured out it was either quit or turn pro,and quit. I discovered that it is easier for ME to kill any cravings if I have what I crave on hand and know that any time I REALLY want it,there it is.

What always drove ME nuts was wanting it and not having it on hand.

Sometimes life just ain't as simple as you would like it to be.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10092 on: December 27, 2023, 12:31:27 am »
@roamer_1

Ditto!

It is like whiskey to me. I can either drink alcohol,or NOT drink alcohol. There is no real "in-between".

I DID manage to down a Miller Low  Life several years ago after weed-whacking for a few hours in the hot sun,though. It was out of a six-pack I had bought a couple of years earlier when I was still drinking,and it was in my refrigerator all this time and practically freezing cold.

I don't know how I managed to drink just one and then stop,but clever planning was never a part of it.

BTW,the other 5 are still in my refrigerator,along with half a fifth of Jim Beam that I was drinking out of when I finally figured out it was either quit or turn pro,and quit. I discovered that it is easier for ME to kill any cravings if I have what I crave on hand and know that any time I REALLY want it,there it is.

What always drove ME nuts was wanting it and not having it on hand.

Sometimes life just ain't as simple as you would like it to be.
I get that. When I quit smoking I left a half pack in the drawer....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #10093 on: December 27, 2023, 12:33:37 am »
    Believe me, I drink enough for all of you, so don't ever feel guilty about not subsidizing the liquor industry.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10094 on: December 27, 2023, 12:50:56 am »
Do not understand why all this is happening under Political Graphic? ... but whatever

Doom is still an active thing in the online gaming world. Here is a list of all Doom releases in order.
You can get most of them off of Steam.

https://www.technewstoday.com/all-doom-games-in-order/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10095 on: December 27, 2023, 12:56:01 am »

« Reply #10096 on: December 27, 2023, 12:57:17 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10097 on: December 27, 2023, 01:19:14 am »
I get that. When I quit smoking I left a half pack in the drawer....

@Smokin Joe

I had such good luck quitting alcohol  that a few days later I decided to quit smoking,too.  Same deal as with the alcohol. I  kept a pack in the house and left a new carton on the dash  of my truck to remind me that I COULD have a cigarette any time I wanted if if I REALLY wanted it.

Finally figured it was safe to give them  away,and I must have rode around for a month with a whole carton of off-brand cigarettes on the dashboard of my  truck,trying to find someone that would take them for free. Seems like everybody I knew were tobacco connoisseurs who would not let an off-brand cigarette touch their lips,so I may have just thrown the damn things away.

I am one of the VERY lucky people who can be around people drinking and smoking,and not even be a little bit temped to participate. And make no mistake about it,it has to do with  genetic luck,NOT will power.

I have a great deal of sympathy  for people I know who have tried over and over for years to quit drinking  and smoking,and were never able to do it. NONE were able to quit smoking,but several were able to stop  drinking  for months at a time,and then for some odd reason fall off the sobriety  wagon,and stay  blind drunk for weeks at a time.

Addiction just hits some people harder than others. Will power/determination doesn't seem to have a damn thing to do with it.

As I have  noted before on TBR,being lucky is  the best damn thing you can be. Beats being rich or anything  else you can be.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10098 on: December 27, 2023, 01:22:41 am »
Do not understand why all this is happening under Political Graphic? ... but whatever

Doom is still an active thing in the online gaming world. Here is a list of all Doom releases in order.
You can get most of them off of Steam.

https://www.technewstoday.com/all-doom-games-in-order/

@240B

YIKES!

That damn game must have earned the creator billions of dollars by now.

Kinda makes me wish I had bought  a little stock in that company back then. After all,it  ain't like I didn't know it was addictive.

« Reply #10099 on: December 27, 2023, 01:22:55 am »