Author Topic: Political Graphics 2023  (Read 393246 times)

Offline Slide Rule

Re: Political Graphics 2023
« Reply #10050 on: December 25, 2023, 04:09:05 pm »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10051 on: December 25, 2023, 04:09:44 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10052 on: December 25, 2023, 04:14:35 pm »

Embattled Harvard University Scrubs Multiple Web Pages About ‘Identity Recognitions,’ Pronouns
December 19, 2023
by Brandon Poulter

https://tennesseestar.com/culture/embattled-harvard-university-scrubs-multiple-web-pages-about-identity-recognitions-pronouns/admin/2023/12/19/

Harvard University scrubbed several web pages from the diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) department’s website,
according to the web archive.

Two web pages, titled “Heritage Months and Identity Recognitions” and “Gender Identity and Pronouns at Harvard,”
appear to have been deleted, according to the archives. Both links now route directly to the Diversity and Inclusion
homepage.

“As part of Harvard’s commitment to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes the diversity of individuals and
fosters belonging and equity, the University invites you to self-select your gender identity and add pronouns,” the latter
webpage reads.

A downloadable file titled “Foundational Concepts & Affirming Language” attached to Harvard’s pronoun webpage also
appears to have been deleted, according to its archived link. The webpage defined words such as “heteronormativity,”
“womanist” and “white fragility.”

Recommended

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10053 on: December 25, 2023, 05:57:57 pm »

The Polio Vaccine was a real vaccine.

Sure there were deaths attributed to Covid. But note there were basically no deaths during
this time to the flu. Fewer deaths attributed to all sorts of medical issues attribute to the
numbers redefined as Covid. They were incentivized monetarily in a huge way to report
flu and other medical issues to covid.

The government used its influence with social media and news media to tell one side of
the issue while harassing those, including medical physicians of the highest order.

In addition they are still threatening medical licenses of doctors who know more about
this than you or I.

I never took the so called vaccine. I told my GP that he will find that the medical establishment
has been compromised. Compromised in a way similar to the FBI and many other government
agencies wishing to silence a free exchange of ideas, knowledge, and/or opinion.

I like your posts and commentary, but the public has awakened to what the current government
is doing. I am sorry we disagree.

The public generally knows that Covid, though an issue, is not the major killer of a real issue like
Polio or a Pandemic.

:yowsa: This is spot on @Slide Rule !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10054 on: December 25, 2023, 06:41:28 pm »
Embattled Harvard University Scrubs Multiple Web Pages About ‘Identity Recognitions,’ Pronouns
December 19, 2023
by Brandon Poulter

https://tennesseestar.com/culture/embattled-harvard-university-scrubs-multiple-web-pages-about-identity-recognitions-pronouns/admin/2023/12/19/

Harvard University scrubbed several web pages from the diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) department’s website,
according to the web archive.

Two web pages, titled “Heritage Months and Identity Recognitions” and “Gender Identity and Pronouns at Harvard,”
appear to have been deleted, according to the archives. Both links now route directly to the Diversity and Inclusion
homepage.

“As part of Harvard’s commitment to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes the diversity of individuals and
fosters belonging and equity, the University invites you to self-select your gender identity and add pronouns,” the latter
webpage reads.

A downloadable file titled “Foundational Concepts & Affirming Language” attached to Harvard’s pronoun webpage also
appears to have been deleted, according to its archived link. The webpage defined words such as “heteronormativity,”
“womanist” and “white fragility.”

@Slide Rule

Cool!

This means that since I am hung like a race horse,I can get a degree from Harvard with the name "Stallion" on it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10055 on: December 26, 2023, 02:13:18 am »

Same as, "Good enough for government work."
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10056 on: December 26, 2023, 02:20:05 am »

This is very, VERY, common. When senior corporate types are faced with innovation, it scares the shit out of them (at least it used to).

The same happened when Gates went to IBM with DOS. They thought he was just a stupid kid pumping a short term fad.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10057 on: December 26, 2023, 02:31:06 am »

This is very, VERY, common. When senior corporate types are faced with innovation, it scares the shit out of them (at least it used to).

The same happened when Gates went to IBM with DOS. They thought he was just a stupid kid pumping a short term fad.

@240B  I have always been led to believe that Bill Gates bought DOS from another geek who actually created it,and then sold it to IMB via his father,who was an IBM senior executive. In other words,Gates rode the backs of his friend and his father to obtain fame and fortune.

Am I,and the people who told me this,wrong?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10058 on: December 26, 2023, 03:02:18 am »

@240B  I have always been led to believe that Bill Gates bought DOS from another geek who actually created it,and then sold it to IMB via his father,who was an IBM senior executive. In other words,Gates rode the backs of his friend and his father to obtain fame and fortune.

Am I,and the people who told me this,wrong?
I have completed an MBA. This question is a thesis question requiring a well researched and heavily cited answer in essay form. I don't have time to formulate an outline, to do the research, and then to come up with a point by point dissertation with a presentation and a salient conclusion. This is not the forum for that anyway.

In short, my understanding of the history of DOS is different than what you describe. It calls for an informed debate which I respectfully decline.

I have no special insight or experiential information on this topic. Any information I could find you can find. But thank you for noticing and responding to my post.

Online DB

« Reply #10059 on: December 26, 2023, 03:56:33 am »
I have completed an MBA. This question is a thesis question requiring a well researched and heavily cited answer in essay form. I don't have time to formulate an outline, to do the research, and then to come up with a point by point dissertation with a presentation and a salient conclusion. This is not the forum for that anyway.

In short, my understanding of the history of DOS is different than what you describe. It calls for an informed debate which I respectfully decline.

I have no special insight or experiential information on this topic. Any information I could find you can find. But thank you for noticing and responding to my post.

Gates bought some DOS (disk operating system) code and adapted it to the IBM 8088 machine. He also enhanced it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10060 on: December 26, 2023, 11:03:21 am »

@240B

It doesn't matter if you are a direct descendant of Aristotle or one of his homies,or a borderline retard. Neither has ANY relation to the accomplishments or the failures of others. Truth is truth,regardless of the source.

Which is why I "ASKED" instead of declared.

All I know is what I remember reading years,maybe even decades ago,and that is the guy who created DOS was in a VERY early "Computer Club" with Bill Gates,and sold Gates the rights to DOS. Gates,in return,sold the rights to DOS to IBM in a bit of insider trading because the rumor was that his father was a senior IBM executive,which gave him an inside advantage.

Nothing illegal about it AFAIK,just another day of insider trading,which is all about buying low and selling high.

The only thing that irked/irks me about this deal is that somehow Gates got the  credit for creating DOS,and all he did was buy it cheap and sell it high,thanks to insider trading with his father.

IIRC,the story I read about all this years ago,the friend/person Gates bought DOS from was named "John McAfee",and he did alright in the  computer world on his own,and is not exactly a poverty case.

Still,it galls me that Gates gets all the  credit for creating DOS (a MAJOR advance for mankind) ,and all he did was buy it with  Daddy's money and then sell it to Daddy's "Heap Big MoFo Company" for a huge profit.

If you don't like this,I don't care. If you DO like it,I don't care. I am NOT responsible for your ego  or mood swings.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10061 on: December 26, 2023, 11:09:33 am »
Gates bought some DOS (disk operating system) code and adapted it to the IBM 8088 machine. He also enhanced it.

@DB

So the source I mentioned AND myself were both half-wrong?

Gates DID buy DOS from McAfee,but a crude "Stage 1" version that had to be refined before being usable?

Not that it really matters WHO brought it forth and released it to the public. What matters is that someone  did,and to some measure "changed the world",and I am glad they did.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10062 on: December 26, 2023, 11:10:48 am »
@DB

Gates DID buy DOS from McAfee,but a crude "Stage 1" version that had to be refined before being usable?

Not that it really matters WHO brought it forth and released it to the public. What matters is that someone  did,and to some measure "changed the world",and I am glad they did.

Even if it was someone was Globalist Gates.

Offline yodaspock

« Reply #10063 on: December 26, 2023, 12:06:56 pm »
I was not McAfee who sold MS-DOS to Gates. CPM was the dominant operating system for small computers at that time. IBM didn't want to pay for the CPM operating system, so they went to Gates who had the simple "basic programming language" and made a contract to buy the new MS-DOS very cheaply.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10064 on: December 26, 2023, 12:58:33 pm »

Respectively asked.

Dukes of Hazzard actor John Schneider called for public hanging of Joe Biden

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/21/dukes-hazzard-actor-john-schneider-biden-execution

The deleted social media post, which also called for the execution of Hunter Biden, led some to wonder
if Schneider could be charged

“Mr President, I believe you are guilty of treason and should be publicly hung,” Schneider wrote to Biden.
“Your son too. Your response is..? Sincerely, John Schneider.”

“I absolutely did not call for an act of violence or threaten as US president,” Schneider’s statement
read, in part. “It’s my position, which I am entitled to have, that some of our nations leaders in
Washington have lost their way, and corruption runs rampant, both on our nation’s borders and
abroad. Transparency and accountability must happen in order for our constitutional republic to
survive. There is no threat implied or otherwise in that statement.”
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 01:26:08 pm by Slide Rule »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10065 on: December 26, 2023, 01:10:13 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10066 on: December 26, 2023, 01:12:17 pm »

Recommended

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10067 on: December 26, 2023, 01:18:28 pm »

Recommended

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10068 on: December 26, 2023, 02:21:29 pm »
I was not McAfee who sold MS-DOS to Gates. CPM was the dominant operating system for small computers at that time. IBM didn't want to pay for the CPM operating system, so they went to Gates who had the simple "basic programming language" and made a contract to buy the new MS-DOS very cheaply.

IIRC, the price was $50K.

Apple made everything proprietary and Gates was giving DOS away with their computers. The rest is history.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10069 on: December 26, 2023, 04:51:29 pm »

@240B
If you don't like this,I don't care. If you DO like it,I don't care. I am NOT responsible for your ego  or mood swings.
What a weirdo. I have no idea what this day-drinking babbling nonsense is supposed to be? If I 'like' what? If I don't like what?
What the HELL are you talking about. Your incoherent response has nothing to do with my post.

However, I am CRUSHED and SHOCKED that you have decided to no longer be responsible for my ego or my mood swings. This is devastating news to me! What am I going to do without this @sneakypete freak taking care of me. LOL!

BTW: Were you ever Special Forces in Vietnam? Could you please tell me again? You haven't talked about it for a day or two, so now I am becoming unsure if it was you or some other poster.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10070 on: December 26, 2023, 05:07:05 pm »
I long for the days when this thread was about Political Graphics....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10071 on: December 26, 2023, 05:08:26 pm »
@DB

Nah... not McAffee....

Gates bought DDOS (Down and Dirty DOS), otherwise called 86-DOS from Seattle Computer Products _ a one horse back yard outfit... A guy named Patterson or the like. That DOS was all but a direct rip of Digital Research's CP/M, which would later become DR-DOS -There were DR-DOS Easter eggs found in all versions of MS-DOS

Anyhow, Gates bought out DDOS, rebranded it to MS-DOS, wrote a primitive IDE and editor for it, and peddled it as his own... A method that later became a trend.

@sneakypete

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10072 on: December 26, 2023, 05:11:51 pm »
Viva la Islamic Republic of Europe

Saying the quiet part outloud. This only shows how bold Islam has become toward Europe.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10073 on: December 26, 2023, 05:14:10 pm »
Viva la Islamic Republic of Europe

Saying the quiet part outloud. This only shows how bold Islam has become toward Europe.

And the rest of the world as well.  See our own borders, both South and North.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10074 on: December 26, 2023, 06:13:28 pm »
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

-M. Jagger-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-