Author Topic: Political Graphics 2023  (Read 393645 times)

Online Kamaji

Re: Political Graphics 2023
« Reply #5950 on: June 20, 2023, 01:22:41 pm »
Time, and capitalist/free market incentives:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5951 on: June 20, 2023, 01:24:12 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5952 on: June 20, 2023, 02:04:24 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5953 on: June 20, 2023, 02:39:10 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5954 on: June 20, 2023, 02:39:54 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5955 on: June 20, 2023, 07:08:40 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5956 on: June 20, 2023, 07:09:21 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5957 on: June 20, 2023, 07:46:01 pm »

@Kamaji

Well,to be fair,there are a LOT more white people than there are black people,so it stands to reason more white people will be shot/stabbed/beat to death,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5958 on: June 20, 2023, 08:37:26 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5959 on: June 20, 2023, 09:57:02 pm »
Thanks, @DCPatriot  A good time was had by all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5960 on: June 20, 2023, 10:01:10 pm »
Time, and capitalist/free market incentives:

Problem is, the first guy is harvesting, the second is planting.

Long time between crops...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5961 on: June 20, 2023, 10:06:32 pm »
@Kamaji

Well,to be fair,there are a LOT more white people than there are black people,so it stands to reason more white people will be shot/stabbed/beat to death,etc,etc,etc.
Yeah, but these were shot by POLICE, and I assume that was mainly because they were committing a crime.

Now look at how many blacks got shot compared to whites (who outnumber them several times over), and get a general feel for how many more (proportionally speaking) blacks were doing something that the police felt they needed to shoot them for. That just might be related to a disproportionate number of serious crimes being committed by one group compared to the other.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5962 on: June 20, 2023, 10:12:37 pm »

@mountaineer    :beer:

I hate to pour cold water on anyone's joy but I cannot bring myself to celebrate unconstitutional acts. @mountaineer @DCPatriot
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5963 on: June 20, 2023, 10:16:02 pm »
I hate to pour cold water on anyone's joy but I cannot bring myself to celebrate unconstitutional acts. @mountaineer @DCPatriot
If they wanted to be Yankees, their status as Virginians was in question, anyway.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5964 on: June 20, 2023, 10:24:28 pm »
From all I've heard, the creation of WV was bogus, as a legal matter, so not argument from me, @Bigun  :laugh:

All of my great-great- and great-great-great-grandfathers who served were part of the Confederate army. One of my great-great-grandfathers had his farm in Jackson County, (present day) WV, seized by the federal government because he wasn't there in person to pay his taxes (well, duh, he was off to war with Company F, 17th Virginia Cavalry at the time). It took many years to get back his property.

While I'm not one of those still fighting the Civil War, I'm somewhat inclined to understand what motivated some of the southerners.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5965 on: June 20, 2023, 10:28:03 pm »
If they wanted to be Yankees, their status as Virginians was in question, anyway.

Was just complimenting her on a special day celebrating "Scenic, wild, wonderful West Virginia"   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5966 on: June 20, 2023, 10:28:26 pm »
From all I've heard, the creation of WV was bogus, as a legal matter, so not argument from me, @Bigun  :laugh:

All of my great-great- and great-great-great-grandfathers who served were part of the Confederate army. One of my great-great-grandfathers had his farm in Jackson County, (present day) WV, seized by the federal government because he wasn't there in person to pay his taxes (well, duh, he was off to war with Company F, 17th Virginia Cavalry at the time). It took many years to get back his property.

While I'm not one of those still fighting the Civil War, I'm somewhat inclined to understand what motivated some of the southerners.

Thanks @mountaineer I'm just trying to keep the facts straight (They do still matter). West Virginia is a beautiful place and I love it! Probably more so if it were still just Western Virginia.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 10:30:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5967 on: June 20, 2023, 11:31:52 pm »
Yeah, but these were shot by POLICE, and I assume that was mainly because they were committing a crime.

Now look at how many blacks got shot compared to whites (who outnumber them several times over), and get a general feel for how many more (proportionally speaking) blacks were doing something that the police felt they needed to shoot them for. That just might be related to a disproportionate number of serious crimes being committed by one group compared to the other.

@Smokin Joe

In total agreement with that one.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5968 on: June 21, 2023, 12:02:51 am »

The last time a State successfully seceded from another state.   Like what Parts of Oregon is trying to do.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5969 on: June 21, 2023, 01:16:44 am »
The last time a State successfully seceded from another state.   Like what Parts of Oregon is trying to do.
It only worked because there was a war on and one government could declare that part of a State a State, and part of their union. It's cheaper than conquering real estate.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5970 on: June 21, 2023, 03:52:08 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5972 on: June 21, 2023, 12:16:46 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5973 on: June 21, 2023, 12:19:25 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5974 on: June 21, 2023, 12:20:16 pm »