Author Topic: Political Graphics 2023  (Read 393504 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Political Graphics 2023
« Reply #5750 on: June 15, 2023, 09:40:01 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@Kamaji

NOT picking on you,but pinging you because you were the first hardcore anti-Trumper I ran across on this thread. This applies to ALL the anti-Trumpers.

IF you accept this as true,WTH are you going along with it?

Wouldn't your time be MUCH better spent focusing on destroying the DNC?
@sneakypete There are those here who are far more anti-Trump than I am. Do I think we can do better? Yes.  But for now, I'm not sure there is anyone in the field I can wholeheartedly support. While any of them would be better than what we have, that isn't the same thing, it's just a different flavor of sh*t sandwich with more bread.

Unfortunately, the reality IS that the ongoing saga of "We've got him now!" is the go-to smokescreen for any unfavorable news about the Democrats in general, and the Biden Syndicate in particular, with the column inches and airtime consumed with the 'news' that, once again, the seriously partisan and weaponized law enforcement in this country have again rushed past egregious evidence of corruption in the current administration to wave the banner against Trump. We've had nearly eight years of that sh*t. The Democrats are getting away with murder, and the press ever has it's "Look! Shiny!" object, which has become an orange smokescreen hiding the lawlessness of the current office holders, their minions, and the agencies which are supposed to safeguard the Rule of Law.

In the meantime, the Deep State is getting fat, and the Uniparty is doing bid'ness as usual.

I have to question just how effective any of those candidates will be against that, and Trump has a bad habit of committing unforced errors which appear to be tied to his ego, but aren't moving the ball downfield an inch.

The festering pustule that is Government in D.C. is oozing at a rate never before seen, and there is no one to lance the boil. It will be painful, disruptive to some extent as the deep state agencies resist, and will require a concerted effort to accomplish. No one man can accomplish this. It will take a group of determined individuals who can withstand the most demanding scrutiny to even move against this corruption. Even then, with mere allegation (from unnamed sources) in the press has been set as the bar for determining guilt in the eyes of ignorant Americans who have no clue about Due Process, with trial by media the standard. How absolutely Soviet of them.

So don't put me down as anti-Trump, just as a skeptic.
Stop the infighting, for starters, dump the 15 minute cities BS, drop all the climate accords, get American energy infrastructure and exploration/development back on track, STOP subsidizing EVs and alternatives which either are developed enough to compete with conventional vehicles or are not (let the market decide, on a level playing field), de-list CO2 as a pollutant, abolish or severely reduce Executive Branch Agencies which have overstepped their bounds to not only regulate, but by fiat decree, scientifical bases for their onerous regulations, and clean up the DOJ. Clean house at the JCS, eliminate the revolving door in the Military Industrial Complex, and bring our manufacturing back home--and do it all on a  balanced budget while closing the border and deporting the millions Biden's bunch has let in.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 09:43:06 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5751 on: June 15, 2023, 09:56:30 pm »
@sneakypete There are those here who are far more anti-Trump than I am. Do I think we can do better? Yes.  But for now, I'm not sure there is anyone in the field I can wholeheartedly support. While any of them would be better than what we have, that isn't the same thing, it's just a different flavor of sh*t sandwich with more bread.

Unfortunately, the reality IS that the ongoing saga of "We've got him now!" is the go-to smokescreen for any unfavorable news about the Democrats in general, and the Biden Syndicate in particular, with the column inches and airtime consumed with the 'news' that, once again, the seriously partisan and weaponized law enforcement in this country have again rushed past egregious evidence of corruption in the current administration to wave the banner against Trump. We've had nearly eight years of that sh*t. The Democrats are getting away with murder, and the press ever has it's "Look! Shiny!" object, which has become an orange smokescreen hiding the lawlessness of the current office holders, their minions, and the agencies which are supposed to safeguard the Rule of Law.

In the meantime, the Deep State is getting fat, and the Uniparty is doing bid'ness as usual.

I have to question just how effective any of those candidates will be against that, and Trump has a bad habit of committing unforced errors which appear to be tied to his ego, but aren't moving the ball downfield an inch.

@Smokin Joe

I am in total agreement with  every word posted above.

The BIG reason I am supporting Trump is BECAUSE of his massive ego,and his ego-driven desire to go down in the history books as "The President that saved America. NOTHING is as important to him as that.

Which  means he can't be bribed or bought off.

Name ONE other candidate this can be said about.

The FACT that he can only serve one term before leaving office is also a positive.

The festering pustule that is Government in D.C. is oozing at a rate never before seen, and there is no one to lance the boil. It will be painful, disruptive to some extent as the deep state agencies resist, and will require a concerted effort to accomplish. No one man can accomplish this. It will take a group of determined individuals who can withstand the most demanding scrutiny to even move against this corruption. Even then, with mere allegation (from unnamed sources) in the press has been set as the bar for determining guilt in the eyes of ignorant Americans who have no clue about Due Process, with trial by media the standard. How absolutely Soviet of them.

So don't put me down as anti-Trump, just as a skeptic.

I am a skeptic also,but see no other practical alternatives than "one more professional thief,just like all the other professional thief's before him.

You do NOT get "change" by voting for "more of the same",no matter how long you hold your breath and wish.

Stop the infighting, for starters, dump the 15 minute cities BS, drop all the climate accords, get American energy infrastructure and exploration/development back on track, STOP subsidizing EVs and alternatives which either are developed enough to compete with conventional vehicles or are not (let the market decide, on a level playing field), de-list CO2 as a pollutant, abolish or severely reduce Executive Branch Agencies which have overstepped their bounds to not only regulate, but by fiat decree, scientifical bases for their onerous regulations, and clean up the DOJ. Clean house at the JCS, eliminate the revolving door in the Military Industrial Complex, and bring our manufacturing back home--and do it all on a  balanced budget while closing the border and deporting the millions Biden's bunch has let in.

That is not going to happen overnight,REGARDLESS of who the next President is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5752 on: June 15, 2023, 10:09:36 pm »
@sneakypete
That is not going to happen overnight,REGARDLESS of who the next President is.

Which is why we need to build a movement based on principles, not persons. 
That is where the GOP has failed, and where @roamer_1 is absolutely correct.
Those concepts will endure long past the term of the current office holder, but they need to be codified, not just executive orders, which are at best a band-aid.

Right now, it is hard enough to move against the entrenched corruption enough to get just one Gubernatorial election sorted; the Federal Leviathan will take much, much more, and it has to be a multi term effort. It took over 50 years to grow the bureaucracy beneath the penumbra of civic ignorance the public school systems have developed, thus removing resistance even as that monster has been growing. It will not be brought under control in one term three terms, but will require a vigilant and ongoing effort which will outlive us if successful.

The minions of Marxism have been working toward their ends since the 1920s. It will take a greater effort to overturn this. Everything I listed has to be done, or the Republic will die, and that could happen in our lifetimes.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty, true enough, but we have to teach generations just what Liberty is, and even why it is desirable, something difficult to do under the present management.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5753 on: June 15, 2023, 10:48:54 pm »
Can’t believe Amazon would do this. Well, I can…

If you give Amazon control over your life, you should not be surprised when they use the power you gave them against you.

In this case it was an alleged racial slur violation (which turned out to be incorrect). But how long until the government gets control and punishes you for anything they want to?

No Alexis or any third party control devices in my home. And there never will be. I lack the 'trust' necessary to buy this stuff.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5754 on: June 15, 2023, 10:55:36 pm »
No Alexis or any third party control devices in my home. And there never will be. I lack the 'trust' necessary to buy this stuff.

I have thought it out carefully. And the only smart I need in my home would be to be able to turn on the porch light if it is dark when I am coming home... And maybe one interior light.

That's it.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5755 on: June 15, 2023, 10:56:39 pm »
I have thought it out carefully. And the only smart I need in my home would be to be able to turn on the porch light if it is dark when I am coming home... And maybe one interior light.

That's it.

Don't even need smart devices for that; just a dumb sensor that can detect ambient light levels, and motion.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5756 on: June 15, 2023, 10:56:47 pm »

That's it.
You ought to be able to do that with simple motion sensors. :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5757 on: June 16, 2023, 02:18:40 am »
@sneakypete
Which is why we need to build a movement based on principles, not persons. 

@Smokin Joe

In a perfect world,that is EXACTLY what we would do.

Unfortunately,we live in a corrupt world of crooked politicians who work for and with each  other to maximize their personal profits and power,and who really and truly don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.

So,we have to do the best we can do with  what we are offered,and hope that one day it will all "fall together" and we would get politicians who were honest men and  women working towards making America more secure and safer.

Until that day comes,if it ever does,we need to do the best we CAN do with what is offered us.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #5758 on: June 16, 2023, 03:02:36 am »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5759 on: June 16, 2023, 03:33:31 am »
@Smokin Joe

In a perfect world,that is EXACTLY what we would do.

Unfortunately,we live in a corrupt world of crooked politicians who work for and with each  other to maximize their personal profits and power,and who really and truly don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.

So,we have to do the best we can do with  what we are offered,and hope that one day it will all "fall together" and we would get politicians who were honest men and  women working towards making America more secure and safer.

Until that day comes,if it ever does,we need to do the best we CAN do with what is offered us.

Not true. It takes tremendous work to build electoral coalitions and keep them herded on point. And it takes even more work to ride herd on elected representatives and keep em flying right. The work of years and years... keeping the nose on the grindstone. Insisting upon excellence.

That is how you do it.

What beats a unified Left is a unified Right. Hands down. And the only thing that has ever unified the Right has been Conservatism. And right now, in the face of united liberalism in control, we need it straight from the wellspring, without dilutions.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 03:34:45 am by roamer_1 »

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #5760 on: June 16, 2023, 03:39:39 am »

no one.... NO ONE..... does Pandering like the Trumps.

Oh look "there's MY AFRICAN AMERICAN" a historic glimpse at trumps "inclusiveness"  so to speak

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #5761 on: June 16, 2023, 04:25:25 am »

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #5762 on: June 16, 2023, 04:34:06 am »
Donald J and Donald The Stomping Detah Killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgfjwt2qfeU

“I told Michael Jackson, I said, ‘If you are poor, you are a poor negro,’” he said. “I would use the N-word. But if you are rich, you are a rich negro. If you are intelligent, intellectual, you’re an intellectual negro. If you are a dancing and sliding and gliding bleep – I meant negro – you’re a dancing and sliding and gliding negro. So dare not alienate because you cannot assimilate.”

a man is often known by his friends

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5763 on: June 16, 2023, 04:52:05 am »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5764 on: June 16, 2023, 11:12:04 am »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5765 on: June 16, 2023, 11:32:32 am »

Online Kamaji