Author Topic: New Study Shows Offshore Wind Farms Hurt Marine Life, Coastal Ecosystems  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY SPENCER BROWN ON DEC 1, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

New Study Shows Offshore Wind Farms Hurt Marine Life, Coastal Ecosystems

offshore wind wake effectA new peer-reviewed study from German scientists found that offshore wind farms — the sort of supposedly “green” alternative to existing energy sources with which President Biden and Democrats want to fill America’s coastal waters — are not as safe for marine ecosystems as their proponents may argue.

The researchers looked at one area and ecosystem in particular — the North Sea — where the world’s largest offshore wind farm (OWF) opened earlier in 2022. [emphasis, links added]

Relying on modeling and simulations in order to see what the “systematic, large-scale, time-integrated response of the ocean to large OWF clusters” would be, the study’s authors found evidence that offshore wind power generation, supposedly great for the planet actually introduced factors that negatively impact sea life.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-study-shows-offshore-wind-farms-hurt-marine-life-coastal-ecosystems/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson